Chapter 16: Official 1st Date

You and Heat arrived to your place, and he asked for help to get the food inside. When you checked his little storage bag, you saw that he got things for you to have for the next couple days.

"Heat you got me groceries?"

"I didn't really know what you would want so I figured eggs, bacon and cereal were the safe options for breakfast, and pasta with a couple of different sauces would also be safe." He looked a little shy about it, you quickly hugged him around his torso and squeezed.

"It was very thoughtful of you so thank you."

"I got Mexican food for tonight, and I just got their party platter since it had a little of everything from the menu."

"Sounds perfect."

Walking up to your place, you stayed vigilant of your surroundings, scared that someone was going to pop out of nowhere. Heat's arm around your shoulders made you relax, and heaved a heavy sigh.

"Sorry I'm being paranoid huh?"

"Considering everything you went through your reaction is healthy. I would be surprised if you reacted differently."

"Thanks."

You got inside and immediately opened the windows, you had to turn on the heater though, with fall coming in full swing, and being so close to the ocean it made it very chilly. Heat was plating your food and you grabbed the cups for the drinks.

"I have an idea for my students, I want to do a recital for each of them, but I don't know where to start."

You hummed after taking a bite of your taco. And tried to think of what the first step would be.

"Have you looked into public spaces? Like a park or a beach? If you're trying to keep costs down, they're the places to look into. I can design a flyer for you if you want, and then you can think of how you want to split the recital up."

"I thought about that, but the outdoors don't have the best acoustics for some of the instruments."

"Hmmm, how many students do you have?"

"15. I have three more that I'm starting next month. But they're 4 so I don't think they'll be able to be in this recital."

You both ate for a little bit longer.

"I can ask Benn if he'd be willing to let you use the bookstore. We can double it as a half off day for the books we haven't been able to move from the shelves."

"You think he'd be okay with that?"

"We have authors who come for book signings a lot, we have a special area in the basement that has a lot of room. All he asks is $200 to rent it out. You would need to clean it and set it up. But I can help."

He looked at you and smiled.

"What?"

He didn't say anything just kissed your lips, it was a tender and sweet kiss, that he then turned into little butterfly kisses by nuzzling your nose with his.

"Would you really do that?"

"Yeah, I mean it's important to you, and something tells me that the kids will have fun. Plus, it'll be cool to see your students."

You went to trying the carnitas and nothing more was really said. You were hungrier than you thought.

When the food was cleaned up, you both sat down on the couch and you turned on Netflix to watch Hack my House. It was a show you found randomly but you enjoyed seeing small spaces get more storage space to make small houses appear bigger than they actually were. After 3 episodes you noticed that Heat was snoring next to you. You smiled and took a minute to stare at him. Then you got an idea.