World MMPH-1719: Life is Never Dull in the High School Mao Mao AU!

Instead of heroes, these people are just normal people trying to get through life. The supreme student council of Pure Heart Valley High School, led by Apollo "Beau" Snugglemagne and his vice president Night Luna Wolfessa, not to mention his disciplinary officer Hutacan Mao, known better as Mao Mao, the event directors, Elliott Badgerclops and Isabel "Dora" Eugene, struggle with the changes that come with growing up and moving on to an unknown future...

But this world is the second to be beseiged by mysterious beings that don't fit into any world or time, the Anomalice. Who are they, and why are they here? That... Is a question to be answered as the story unravels.

"You want to let Koma become a member?" There was skepticism in Skyla's tone as Jinpei stood in front of her. Sandayuu was fidgeting beside him, mentally panicking. He hadn't thought that it would come to this! Even if Jinpei-kun was usually a blunt and cheerful guy, this was...!

The young adult stared at him, while Gangsan remarked, "Doesn't sound half-bad Skyla."

"Gangsan, he's not one of us," she reiterated. "He has no purpose here. He'll only slow us down."

"Hey, maybe you're being too harsh. He's stronger than me in competence and mastery," Ranto defended.

"It is NOT his duty to meddle with our affairs!" She snapped, making the others flinch as she continued, "We would be the idiots to let someone as weak as Kona Sandayuu in! He can't even fight! He's practically useless without the watch."

"Say that again!" Jinpei looked downright pissed. "Sandayuu CAN fight!"

"HE'S GOING TO BE A SITTING DUCK, JINPEI! WHEN NURA, NO, RAIZE ATTACKED! HE COULDN'T DO ****!! WHY ARE YOU EVEN CONSIDERING IT!? YOU KNOW HE'S NOTHING BUT A BURDEN!"

Sandayuu's eyes widened, and he stumbled back, falling onto the ground. The sheer force of her words, of this guardian... It hit him hard because she was right. He WAS a burden...

But Jinpei's eyes grew dark as he grabbed her jacket. "You don't know ****! We're fighting against another Anomalice! You act as if I don't know the repercussions! He's NOT a burden! He's my best friend! He trained with me under the Arihoshis and stayed alive during that apocalypse when the others had barely managed to! He held the light for me when I couldn't! When I was so stuck in my despair! He's stronger than any of us could be against this new threat because he's not one of us! He won't be biased! He won't think, 'What if I went down that path?' He's always been rational! Skyla, HE'S NOT ****ING HAAVIK!"

"YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT, JINPEI! HE'S NOT ONE OF US! HE WON'T GET OUR SUFFERING! OF BEING HATED BY THE WORLDS! OF BEING TREATED WITH DISDAIN, AS IF WE'RE NOTHING BUT SPECKS OF DUST TO BE ELIMINATED! PEOPLE LIKE US ARE HATED IN THIS MULTIVERSE! WE'RE HERETICS! WE SHOULDN'T EXIST AND YET PEOPLE MADE US EXIST! CAN YOUR PRECIOUS FRIEND UNDERSTAND THAT?!" She roughly pushed Jinpei off, eyes burning. "I AM THE LEADER! I MAKE THE DECISIONS HERE! AND I SAY HE'S NOT WORTH ANYTHING IN THIS FIGHT!"

(People always wanted the box. It was inevitable that she would be targeted.

Skyla couldn't bear to watch someone get hurt again. Not after... Not after she...)

The loud sound of a slap then echoed, and Jinpei's eyes widened, touching the cheek she had slapped. 

"If you say stuff like that, you may as well be the heretic you were always meant to be," she snapped. 

"Skyla, that's enough!" Gangsan's eyes widened in shock as he got up.

Daun looked downright stunned as Tsuchiyume glared. "Skyla, that was too harsh."