Things have Morphed into Murder, Alright... Another Day, We Set Sail

"Dan, what's wrong?"

"Oh, me? Nothing much, Drago," the Misfit captain reassured his partner with a smile, leaning on the railing as the full moon shined bright above. 

The Penmon blinked. "You seem a lot more tired than usual."

He snorted. "Maybe too many days at sea is water-logging me at long last."

(Liar. He was born for the sea. That he knew for sure.

 He's just been at sea for much longer than he wanted to admit.)

"You and I both know that's not true..." the other frowned. "Dan, you need to be honest with me. Something's bothering you, isn't it?"

"It's fine! I'm just worried about people getting infected by Hubrancholy, is all," he told his partner. "The Hubrancholy pandemic is getting worse. You should get some sleep, Drago. We need to pick up Ao tomorrow anyway, so best to get rest when you can!"

"Right..." he still looked skeptical. "I... Dan, please, don't lie to me or yourself..."

"I won't, I won't! Don't worry about it!" The human said, grinning all the while. "So go get rest, pal. We may need it when fighting the Nightmare Soldiers!"

Drago looked at his partner, frowning, but the Digimon did waddle away, leaving Dan on the deck as he sighed. 

Slipping his contact lens off, he gazed out into the waters. To him, it was like the sea was now red... as red as the seas he once tainted with war... as Frisk...

He felt his right arm, noticing the growth of a dark substance slowly immobilizing his shoulder blade. "Soon it'll be my turn huh?" 

He let out a mirthless laugh. "I just hope Drago doesn't find out he never needed me to evolve. He'll figure out things way too fast and I can't have that when... when too much rides on this."

(That sun tail, eyes begging for food as he slithered closer.

A scream, a body falling into the ocean...)

He leaned on the railing, tears pricking at his eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... for that day..."

If he hadn't given in to the Codes... perhaps... perhaps he would still be alive. Perhaps, things wouldn't have escalated the way they had, and... perhaps someone wouldn't have died to help him snap out of it.

(These Codes... they haunt people... and the deaths, just how many people had to die for the PeRfEcT VeSSeL to be found...?)

Where did the Codes come from? How DID the Codes kill all those DigiDestined for years on end...? Perhaps the Burning Ocean Digiverse carries those answers amidst a tsunami of revelations... Stuck in this world with the Digimon Miraculous AND Apophimon, Areum Rudi, freshly from finally breaking free of the Codes, is joined by Mosse Moslaz, another member of the SRS, Relica of the Rito, a powerful warrior whose greatest insecurity may be explained by the Codes, Aisling "Ashley" Kiyami, the Paldean Champion of her world, Suguri "Kieran" Hannya, her "former" friend, and Ogerpon, a mysterious Legendary Pokémon who led Ashley, Kieran and Relica to the main Ghost Game world to stop Apophimon. Secrets will be unveiled in this story, but will it truly give a complete picture? How does Monica November, currently a Marine officer in training, play into this story? Things only delve for the worse, and hidden truths may shatter all who learn of them...

"Aojo Milligan Reed? Or formerly known as Joker?" 

He froze up at that name, but willed himself to calm down as he turned to see (of course it was) a Marine officer. "Yes? What may I help you with?"