World MMPH-0961: New Hopes are Found in the Fallen Hero Mao Mao AU!

A chance encounter with A-Humora Crisiant leads to DP-Leviathan learning the truth about his new comrade; a sad story regarding the Ruby Pure Heart seen as a protector when really it was the very thing that endangered the valley, forcing the world they lived in to burn simply for trying to survive. A connection is then born as the two come to understand their own self-worth, only to find out that the world they're in is in danger of suffering the same fate as DysMonarchmon's home world when Pureeby reaches out for help. Meanwhile, this world's Cyber finds footage of the Kwami and discovers that in his hand, lies the legendary sword of the valley, Puro Gladius...

~~ An hour ago ~~

"Of all the things to possibly inherit from the team, I just had to get the unfriendly portal," Wuliang grumbled as he struggled to crawl out from under Belos. Seriously, this was ridiculous!

"What OTHER things could you inherit from your world, even?" Guilmon X raised an eyebrow while getting up.

"Let's see, Trouble Magnet, crazy plots involving the multiverse, stumbling across knowledge during a case- That's not the point!" He threw his hands into the air. "We're here to stop DysMonarchmon, not talk about my world!"

"It is still fascinating to us who have never seen worlds outside our multiverse," Belos reminded him, eyes wide in excitement and curiosity.

The only thing that did was make Wuliang bite his lip. Of course, they were only interested cause he was from a different world. To them, he was a stranger to this multiverse... What kind of world he came from, they wanted to know.

(To some, him being a dream demon didn't sit well with them. The Gemini arc really reminded him of that fact. Maybe that was why he actually went hopping and annoying Centuriomon. He missed Papa, yes, and they had a promise but he also knew that no one would approve. Regardless of the rule, he would have ended up being hated anyway...)

He shook his head, getting up. "Let's just go... I don't want to talk about this when we're already so far behind."

Glasssweeper gave him a frown. "Helios..."

"Drop it, Pleco. P... please..." he whispered that final part, but the desperation was hard to miss. He had been with the kid for ten years now. He knew him well enough.

Even if he didn't want to drop it, the Buddy Monster nodded. "Alright. But we're having a talk about it when we get back."

Belos looked over at the other two, blinking as he tilted his head. He.. Had he said something wrong?

Félix shrugged, a bit unsure himself, while Sandayuu rubbed his neck. He wasn't too sure either, but it did seem to be a sore spot for Wuliang. Jinpei had mentioned that Centuriomon especially seemed to hate the Buddyfighter for some reason. He would have to ask about it once this was over...

The Youkai Hero decided to speak up. "The portals don't usually end up tossing us out like that, though. It's normally pretty stable right?"

"They are, normally. Something about this entire situation... It worries me," Wuliang said. "The entire feeling, it's just..."

Just like Keketmon...

Shivers went down his spine. He could remember it clearly; that Chinese New Year, when the worlds were being erased... How it felt like it was erasing his very core, every single bit of it. How his Papa had tried to comfort him, but even that...

(There's a reason why he avoids the Ghost Game world. He can never look Solisamon in the eye once it's revealed her Mega, one of them, is Keketmon, the one whose erasing caused so many problems for the OD...