The Bridges Burn, An Arsonist's Reveal (HORRORS AHEAD DO NOT READ IF SAD)

All one could hear were the crashing waves against the boat. The skies were slowly growing colder, the day waning into the night, yet silence reigned as everyone looked at the three surviving members of Burning Ocean atop Helena's ship.

"So... You... You killed someone...?" Mia finally broke the silence. Griffin had gone silent, eyes wide while Juno shook, unable to believe that their Captain had... Had...

Kage couldn't look Dan in the eye anymore after hearing that. Even those under Helena were frozen. Ajit shuddered. Lia hugged herself, fear and shock clear in her face. Ichita looked away quietly, stunned by the confession.

"I... In a nutshell, yes," Dan said, closing his eyes. "I... I know that it was wrong to hide that part of my life, but at that point, I just... didn't know what to do anymore. I just ran the moment the case was over... I... I'm so sorry..."

Dia had to be supported by Leo, all but sobbing as she came to realize the horrible truth.

Her family had yet again...

They had ruined lives...

Monica couldn't stop shaking, eyes trained on Aojo, no, Zaxary. Unable to tear her gaze away from him...

"Zaxary, how could you...?" Charle whispered, horror seeping into their tone. They didn't give a care about the Codes. Of all the things he had to do... he had...

Zaxary had... "Someone... you KILLED someone, your own friend, just to... just to see us?"

"I didn't think it would get that bad... I was foolish and underestimated just how ****ed up Murasame truly was..." He said while gently patting his Kodokugumon, Platriloch, on the head. "I... know my mistakes, and every day I work my *** off to move forward, because... because Milligan didn't deserve that deat-"

Relica couldn't take it. She just punched him in the face, milky white orbs seething in rage as she yelled, "You... You are a pathetic excuse of a warrior! You would hide behind someone and make them do your dirty work! He was..."

She faltered. "He was your friend, and you... you KNEW how the person he was going to stand up against was, and yet you still did it!?"

"It's why I never visited Asa and Charle after the case was over! That desire led to someone's death, and I didn't feel worthy of seeing them again with that blood in my hands!" He yelled back, tears leaking out of his eyes. "I swear I didn't want any of this either! But then things got complicated with the worlds fusing, and Dan and I..."

"STOP MAKING EXCUSES! You ought to have been fed to that beast instead of that poor innocent!" she roared.

That... that made everyone go quiet as Relica herself froze.

What had she... said...? She... she would have never wanted someone to die... right?

But in the midst of all that chaos, a soft voice, angry and all too familiar to the Dimension Keeper and her companions, spoke out.

"So everything I fought for... was for naught?"

Then glitches appeared, blasting everyone to a wall. Herissmon got up with a dark look on his face as his partner finally looked up, her pupils now in the shape of the Anomalice mark.

Asa Jaycobe--

Nay, Miyabino Asahi looked at Dan, Helena, and Zaxary, a twisted smile on her face.

"I see now. So everyone on that ship, even my own cousin, let an innocent die." She took a step forward. "So this ocean... so you three shall burn in **** then. I will ensure you die within the flames I created! Miyabino Asahi makes her burning return... at long last, the truth comes out... MORNINGSHARP, EVOLUTION!"