DigiVerse PDM-1300: Docks Fall Apart in the Burning Ocean Digiverse!

She wasn't surprised to wake up tied to a wheelchair and her eyes covered. This was standard and she had months to get used to this. Even if she did still feel a bit unnerved.

"Open her eyes up," A cold voice commanded.

"Aye, Captain," Another voice said, and she shut her eyes as the blindfold was removed, giving herself sometime before finally opening them up to look around. "Well, this place hasn't changed much."

"It has only been a month since you showed up, Monica November," The owner of the cold voice said, standing in front of her with a flat tone, although she could tell that there was slight exasperation in those words. "While I am impressed by your determination, I thought I made it clear that giving away our location would have consequences."

"I was in a hurry," She answered, shrugging despite the chains tying her up. "Something's changed in the water, and I need your help to find out more."

The other paused slightly. Wasn't this a rare sight. "... Hmph, everyone, leave us at once."

The crew members saluted before heading out, leaving the two inside, and it was only then that the other took off their mask, sighing while walking over and unlocking the padlock, allowing her to get up. "I thought I told you for real NOT to jump onto our ship out of nowhere, Cousin. You nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Diantha Jenkins, I am hurt. I thought you enjoyed a challenge!" She gasped.

"Well, not the kind you clearly gave," She drily answered while behind her, a Goddramon stood, watching her quietly.

"Hey, Leonidas," She greeted the other with a smile.

"... Hi," He said curtly.

"I'm not surprised you have him in his Mega form. I'm assuming you know to some extent," She said while looking at her cousin.

Diantha closed her eyes and sighed while sitting on her chair. The sounds of waves crashing onto the ship echoed into the captain's cabin as she said, "... How's Marth?"

"He's fine, Dia. The doctors say that he's still surviving, so hey, don't worry too much about it. I'll keep an eye on him for you," She reassured her.

Dia smiled slightly. It was a small twitch, but they were working on that so it was progress! "... Thank you for getting him away from our family."

"Don't sweat it, Dia. I've always got your back," She said while Harpus the Shamamon hopped down from her lap and waved. "Hi, Diantha."

She chuckled, but soon enough her facial expression closed up. "You said that you were in a hurry. I suspect this wasn't you wanting to piss me off on purpose."

Oh. Right. Back to business.

She sighed, looking at her while asking, "You know the story of the Burning Ocean crew?"

"Yeah. Who DOESN'T?" She raised an eyebrow.

She rubbed her temple. Oh, God how was she supposed to explain this? "This isn't supposed to be known to the public, but..."

"But?"

She inhaled. "Someone... Someone has been killing off former members of the Burning Ocean crew in the most brutal ways possible, and all signs show that this could be someone who has a vendetta against them. I need your help to track them down, Diantha."

A Digiverse set in the modern era near the Straits of Malacca, where Monica November, a private investigator with a dark past, is partnered with Shamamon following a mysterious event that led to the Digital world and the human world becoming one. Pirates roam the oceans, forming crews consisting of the same Type or Field although there are exceptions in the form of the Misfit crew and the Gem crew, the latter led by Monica's cousin, Diantha Jenkins. A case involving a legendary pirate crew long disbanded, the Burning Ocean, may cause unpleasant facts to come to light, but as Monica struggles to balance her past and present, she's got another issue to deal with; the Anomalice.