L - Beat as One

"Eumeleia!" Tumakbo na ako papunta sa kanila habang hawak ko ang nag-iisang guitar pick na nakita ko sa rehearsals room. Nung nakarating na ako sa kanila, natuwa kaagad sila. "Buti na lang nakaabot ka! Mag-sisimula na tayo oh!"

"S-Sorry, nakalimutan ko pa 'to." Natawa na lang ako habang sinusuot ko na ang strap ng gitara sa katawan ko.

Kinakabahan na ako pero nae-excite na rin ako. Kinalimutan ko na muna ang mga nangyari kanina at ang nasa isip ko na lang ay ang pag-tugtog kasama sila. Sayang lang dahil hindi tumutugtog si Aisha. She said that she can't play because she can't memorize chords and her specialty is recognizing every note. Pero okay lang dahil kahit hindi namin siya kasama mag-perform, parang ganun na rin ang nangyayari dahil siya naman mismo ang nag-compose ng mga tinutugtog namin at parte na rin talaga siya ng kanta. Even though she's not here with us, she's always by our side and that's enough support that we can have while we perform. It's all that matters.

The emcee finally introduced us as the curtains rose up above and while it did, I can't help but feel so mesmerized by the amount of people watching us here on stage and live at the television. My hands were shaking but it finally went away when I smiled to the crowd. However, it faded almost immediately when I saw who the judges were and they were them, the Pincoya's. Mika gave me an evil smirk as if she planned all of this and it made me oh so very angry.

"G-Guys, let's just enjoy this, okay?" I said as I turned around to them away from the microphone, smiling nervously.

I started the song first with a firm strum back and forth of my guitar, followed by Rae as the low notes of her bass guitar echoed through the rhythm, then next was Mikki who continuously tapped the cymbals along with Nicole who joined with me as we strengthened our sound. Lastly, Mikki increased the energy of the song by finally striking the snares and bass drum of her drum set. We continued to play as synchronized as possible, in hopes that our rehearsals have finally emerged as effective and perhaps, victorious.

"The days fly by like leaves in the breeze,

leading us on wherever they please.

What kind of future, what kind of places will our journey lead?

Our melody echoes through the air.

Too late to turn back, we're almost there!

The sun sets once more fading night into daylight once again."

Nicole sang with me softly as we reached the bridge part of the song.

"Don't try to fool us cause your simple lies

we see right through them to your dreaming eyes.

We'll strive, and never give up on our dream."

Sumasabay pa rin sa'kin sa pag-kanta si Nicole nung chorus na at tumigil siya sa pag-kanta nung natapos ang dalawang linya. Nakikita kong nag-papalakpakan ang mga tao sa harapan namin at ine-enjoy ang performance namin. Kahit ang mga kabanda ni Mika ay sinusuportahan rin kami dahil naka-ngiti sila at halatang natutuwa sa pinapakita namin at syempre, napa-ngiti na rin ako nang dahil doon. Nakikita ko namang hindi nakikinig si Mika at medyo nalungkot ako.

Why can't she accept everything that happened?

What can I do to make her 'Mika', again?

Iris looked at me as if she's saying that, 'It's alright and I understand what happened' and I appreciate that expression of hers. It made me comfortable. I miss the memories we shared together.

"We've no need for a marked road to follow on our way

what will lead the path will be the notes that we all play."