LIII - Again

A simple yet elegant white long gown - that's what I am currently wearing, along with some jewelries my mother gave me. She made me wear this because it was also the dress she wore during her wedding and surprisingly, it was still as white and as clean as a snow. I must admit that it really is beautiful. My curled black-brown hair was over my left shoulder, somewhat covering most of my bare collarbones. I didn't bother wearing any make-up because it will be very hard to remove after the prom. Wearing high-heels is a pain so I hope I won't trip or anything like that during the prom - that would be very embarrassing.

I left my bedroom after my mother finished helping me with my look and then I immediately went downstairs.

"Oh, you look just like your mother when we got married!" Dad said when he noticed me walking towards the living room.

"D-Do I look okay, Mom?" I smiled and then asked as I was still trying to fix myself.

"Of course! You're as beautiful as I am." Tumawa na lang siya at inayos ulit yung buhok ko. "Now, when is your date going to pick you up?"

"O-Oh, about that... we decided to just go in our separate ways. I will be going with Aisha and Rae, also, is it alright to use our van?"

Sa totoo lang, si Aisha talaga ang nakaisip nun dahil gusto raw niyang surprise ang magiging itsura namin sa kanila kaya magkahiwalay na kaming pupunta doon. She's really weird. I laughed at the thought of it.

"Oh, of course. I'll go tell them."

Umalis na siya at hinintay ko na lang muna yung mga kasama ko na i-text ako kung ready na ba sila. Maaga kaagad nakatulog si Cy kaya hindi ko na siya makikita, sayang lang. Akala ko makakapag-usap pa kami.

Maya maya, naramdaman kong nag-vibrate yung phone ko kaya kinuha ko na ito mula sa pouch na katerno nung gown na suot ko. 'Hey! Ready na kami!'

Napangiti ako sa nakita ko kaya sinabi kong aalis na ako.

"Ingat ka doon ah? Enjoy the night." Tumango ako sa sinabi ni Dad habang pumapasok na ako sa loob ng van. Sinara ko na yung pintuan at nag-paalam na rin ako sa kanila habang umaalis na kami ni Manong para sunduin sila Aisha.

I looked out to the window, staring at the orange and blue sky while the van's engine was giving out a faint sound.

Will I finally be able to say it to him tonight?

* * *

The walls and everything else were sparkling because of the light the chandeliers were giving off inside the ballroom. You can also hear the loud, classical music being played in the speakers and everything was so... magical.

I was startled when Aisha was pulled by Nathan on the side and then Rae just left me, looking for her partner. I tried following her but because of the number of the senior students attending this prom, I couldn't see her anymore. And then I was suddenly pulled by a person with a warm hand. He held my shoulder, trying to balance me and we were suddenly stuck at staring at each other. Time seemed like it suddenly stopped at this moment. His black locks was very different from his usual messy, long hair - it was brushed up neatly and it looked so fluffy. He didn't have any bandaids, bruises nor cuts anymore. He was wearing a black and white suit that fit him perfectly and I could see that he looked as if he gained weight - more like he has muscles now. I blushed at the thought when I first saw his... abs. Why the hell am I thinking about that now?!

However, I just realized that I wasn't really paying attention to his face until now. Rain's very handsome, more when he smiles.

"U-Uh... sorry." Binitawan niya na ang hawak niya sa balikat ko.