Chase of Lost Voices

'Rain,

When you read this, you are probably wondering why I left these things for you and I most likely just left the country too.

I am sorry.

I couldn't tell you that I'm leaving because it hurts to think that you will get hurt too. I made the same mistake again - leaving without telling anybody, but in this case, it's even worse because I told everyone except you. I know that you will get mad at me for this and I understand, so I will explain to you why I left. The arranged marriage with Reece was cancelled and I am now free to do whatever I want, and thus they officially accepted me joining the band. However, we need to go back to our hometown at Japan. My grandmother suddenly got sick and needs us there because my mother is her only child and of course, we are the only ones who she can rely on. My grandfather, on the other hand, is still taking care of business at France but he will be with us soon too. All business-related things are dismissed because we just have to go back.

Second, I realized that I needed a 'break' from all the things that happened to me these past few months. I've struggled with a lot of problems - with Reece, Yna, Mika and my family. Everything just... went by so fast. I want to clear my mind off of everything so I can come back to you as a whole, without needing you to fix me. And I also need to sort out my feelings for you, too. It's going to be hard, but I have faith in myself that I can do it and it's all because of you.

However, it will be a very, very long time for me to come back because when you graduate, I am still in college. I have to take another two more years in high school before I pick my university. But I will patiently try my best and wait for everything to settle down.

I think I need to revive my lost voice.

Do you remember that time when you punched me? I've made a huge mistake then by going to you and I think it's the greatest mistake I have ever done in my entire life.

I actually think it's funny. I will always remember that scene whenever I'm sad.

And that time in the balcony of the hotel at prom?

That 'I won't ever let you go' is equal to and the most sweetest 'I love you' I have heard in my existence.

The last page on the journal were my thoughts that I couldn't tell you. Please listen to the MP3 player, you like my voice, right? And hold on to the necklace until you are definitely sure you have found the girl you want to be with for the rest of your life.'

Rain dropped to his knees with a mixture of sadness, loneliness and pain inside his heart. He cannot cry, cannot make out any expression in his eyes. He was angry too, yet he understood what Eumeleia meant. 'In order for us to be happy, first we have to be ourselves. We have to be one with our mind, heart and soul. We have to accept who we are' he thought.

Rain whispered with hope glinting inside his eyes, "The ending I want for us is a happy ending, Aika. We will start all over again."

'This is not the ending for us yet.'