XXVI - Once Again

Ia's POV

It's been days ever since Reece didn't bother me again. Exams are already done and the one thing left to worry about is Reece. And he is right in front of me now.

Nakayuko lang ako habang siya ay nasa harapan lang at hindi nagsasalita. Hindi ko alam kung bakit nangyayari ito, paano siya nakapunta dito? Ang alam ko kaming tatlo lang nila Aisha ang nag-usap tungkol dito. Did they plan all of this?

Aisha wouldn't do such a thing. She was the one who suggested that I should never talk to Reece again, but why did she let him inside this cab?

Confusion and irritation crept up inside me immediately when he spoke. "Eumeleia... I know you're mad at me and I'm sorry for not telling anything about it. The thing is... Aisha told me that you knew about Yna confessing to me and--"

I didn't want to hear any more of his excuses so I aggressively walked to the door and slammed my raging fists on it -- fortunately, it won't budge a bit. He was comforting me, telling me to calm down because we might fall if I do any more harsh actions inside. In a flash, I instantly felt numb and clumsily fell to the floor, cried, mad at him. He held me in his arms and I punched him so hard -- to that, he coughed, hurt. But he still hugged me tight. I was opening my mouth, as if screaming, but nothing came out. I did that until I was already suffocating from the tight hug and from the lump building up inside my throat, so I pushed him away until he was on the other side of the cab.

I wasn't crying anymore. I heaved a heavy breath and exhaled deeply, trying to calm myself down. My head feels like it's going to burst any minute and my heart gradually slowed its pace to a normal rate.

"I'm... sorry." Reece sighed, before beginning to speak again. I just sat on the floor, still. The cab already made its way near the top and it's still vibrating from its movements. "You probably hate me now, right?"

I wanted to say no. I'm just hurt. I just didn't want to feel that feeling again. Once loved and then after a moment, betrayed. A piece of glass, broken. A picture of myself, torn apart to pieces. A thrown out ragged doll, unwanted. Once fragmented, I can't go back to being happy again because I'm not my usual self anymore. I was destroyed.

"No..." I mouthed. Silence filled the room.

"Whether you hate me or not, I will... still explain what happened..." I could hear the trembling in his voice -- was he crying? "When Yna... confessed to me, I said that I like her too, but it was all just a lie. It was my plan. She was trying to destroy our relationship, she wanted to... hurt you. So I faked being her boyfriend so she'll stop bugging you once and for all. The original plan was to be her 'pretend' boyfriend and tell her that I don't actually like her a few days after we got together, just so she'll realize the reality of everything -- without telling you this. But you suddenly knew, and so I broke up with her. You knew it all along but you didn't tell me."

His voice was getting weaker and softer as he spoke the last few words. "And I... hurt you instead. I'm sorry."

Once again, the sound was absent by the time he was done speaking. Before I even realized it, I was already standing and I was walking towards him. Slowly, I sat on the floor again closer and facing him. "You'll hit me, huh? Go ahead."

I nodded but I didn't do it. He had already shut his eyes firmly. My fisted hand made its way up near his face when I hesitated. Instead of punching him, I gently cupped his handsome face and kissed his soft lips.

He gradually opened his eyes and I stared straight at them. It filled no more doubts and regrets. Just pure love and sincerity. "I'm guessing... you're not mad anymore?" I nodded.

"Are you sure? You can still punch me if you wa--" I did, this time. It was a weak punch and he chuckled softly as I removed my hand from his chest.

"Eumeleia."

Another stare.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Stunned. Still. Shocked. My movements has stopped abruptly and my whole body trembled of excitement and happiness.

This time, my tears were not of disappointment, nor of that loneliness. It was just clear tears of joy.

And I nodded once again. And again, and again, and again until I felt dizzy.

Pulled my phone from my pocket and typed.

'Yes, yes, yes, yes, of course.'

* * * A/N: sorry po maikli lang, hahaha. Muntik ko na makalimutang mag-UD. Wooooh #ReLeia forevs!!! Im so happeh!!!~ hahahaha!! Maraming salamat sa mga nagbabasa! (Kung meron) ^^