LI - Forgive and Forget

"Eumeleia."

I turned around to see Mika standing by the stairs of the stage. I was in the middle of arranging my stuff when she showed up. Aisha and the others have already gone back to the vehicle. Silence invaded our minds and the only thing I can think about is why is she here?

"Thanks for hurting me."

What?

I stopped organizing my things when she started talking. "To be strong, you have to get hurt first. That's how you learn from your mistakes. It takes time -- and I know that because you helped yourself up while still carrying those mistakes, right?" Mika walked up to me with straight, honest eyes. "I have not yet done that, but I will get there. And when I do, you have to prepare because I want to fight you again. Fair."

I stayed silent, trying to understand every word she said. That means she accepted it already, and I am so glad to hear that.

"What? You don't have a voice again?" She made a 'psh' sound while fixing her hair. "We're pretty much alike, huh?"

I laughed nervously. "Y-Yeah, I guess so."

"So, we square?"

I smiled broadly. "We're square."

Hindi na siya nag-salita pa at ningitian na lang ako, pagkatapos nun, tumalikod na siya para umalis. Kinuha ko na yung gitara at bag ko at habang ginagawa ko yun, narinig ko na ulit siyang mag-salita.

"Just so you know... I still admire you for everything."

Stephanie, your wish came true and I hope everything is alright for you now. She's back,

And I am definitely going to prepare for it.
end of chapter fifty one