XXVIII - Hear My Voice

January 3, it was that day and I cannot forget it. The marriage... Reece, everything. I hate it.

I am numb once again.

He's right in front of me.

"Eumeleia, I'm really sorry. It's a misunderstanding..." I shook my head lightly and walked away from him, looking as calm as possible for him to realize what he did to me didn't affect me at all.

He grabbed my wrist and pleaded. "Please listen to me." And instead of giving up and talk to him, I decided to look away then I took my hand from him. "Eumeleia..."

I stopped in my tracks. He's crying, sobbing, whispering to me while he was hugging me from the back. This is the first time I have ever heard him like this.

"It's true. Okay? It's... true that I didn't like you... at first. You may not believe me but I really love you. I learned how to love you because... I don't know. I just love you, okay? I just do... believe me, Eumeleia." He confessed in between sobs.

No, Eumeleia. Don't give in. It's all a lie. He's acting again. He's a great actor, isn't he?

Eumeleia, listen to him. Why won't you listen to his voice? It's what he feels about you. This is real, listen...

But...

You lied to me and I believed you. You broke the last connection between us, trust, and it cannot be replaced by another one. This time around, I will not believe you no matter what you say. I will...

I will...

Hear my own feelings. Hear my own voice, because nothing goes right when I listen to other people.

I tried mouthing the words, "I hate you, Reece. Leave me alone." But instead of being silent, a sound came out from my mouth and I was surprised. "Ah..."

"W-Wait, Eumeleia... did you say something?" He turned me around so I was facing him, and as he did so, I covered my mouth with my hands and shook my head vigorously.

I was crying too without realizing it.

"I heard it from you, you can talk now? Can you? Please talk to me, I want to hear your voice again..." I saw how his eyes puffed because he cried and it looked horrible. He looks so sad, yet interested again because I let out a tiny voice from my mouth. Now, he's shaking my body harshly, and it hurt. So I tried to get away from him by pushing him backward.

Still covering my mouth, I rushed towards the door of the rooftop and ran inside the school to the nearest bathroom.

I brushed the tears away and looked at the mirror in front of me. Horrible... I rinsed my face with tap water and dried it with my handkerchief.

How did that sound come out?

I tried speaking again but I failed. I can't do it... was I really having my voice back again?

I'm happy... yet I'm scared of what's going to happen in the future.

Will I be in joy if I get my voice back again?

end of chapter twenty eight.