《17》

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ
𝖢𝗂𝗀𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾 𝖣𝗎𝖾𝗍 𝖻𝗒 𝖯𝗋𝗂𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌𝗌 𝖢𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗌𝖾𝖺.

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒍𝒖𝒏𝒈𝒔. 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒍, 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒔𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆, 𝒊𝒕'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒆𝒏. 𝑯𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚, 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆? 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒑, 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏." - 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒔𝒆𝒂'𝒔 𝑪𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆 𝑫𝒖𝒆𝒕.

**************

22nd October 1996

-Third Person's POV -

You, Sidney, and Tatum sit at the kitchen table, dressed and ready for school as Mama Riley serves up breakfast. A small television sits on the counter blaring.

Meanwhile Dewey, in uniform, stands near the door, talking on the phone

You took a bite of the toast and egg that mama Riley made for all of you, You used to often stay over at Tatum's house so her mother used to see you here.

Sidney on the other side of the table just stare at her food and not eating it, she's still in shock of what happened last night.

"I think you girls really should stay home today." Mama Riley said to the three girls.

"Your objection is duly noted." Tatum said to her mom.

"It's really up to Sid..what do you think?" You shot a glance at Sidney.

"I'd rather be around a lot of people, Mama Riley." Sidney finally speaks.

From the TV, Sidney hears her name being called out, and all the eyes go to the television.

"...who escaped a vicious attack last night was the daughter of Maureen Prescott,who was brutally killed last year when convicted murderer Cotton Weary broke into their home and savagely raped and tortured the deceased. Cotton Weary is currently awaiting appeal for the death sentence handed down after the young Sidney testified against him. She was the key witness in the state's prosecution..." The Reporter said and they also insert an image of Cotton Weary at the trial on the television.

"It's never gonna stop. Is it? " Sidney said, she's been very quiet since last night.

"Hmm we can only hope for the best, Sid..Hey Dewey! How about Billy? Is he proven guilty?" You asked Tatum's brother who's now just got off the phone.

"Billy was released..His cellular bill was clean..he didn't make those calls." Dewey said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Told ya Tate..he's innocent." You whisper quietly to Tatum and earning a sigh from her.

"Somebody called me, Dewey. I'm not making it up! You remember right, Y/n? They called us first, then attack!" Sidney complained to Dewey.

"They do actually..They use voice changer and shits.." You said to Dewey and backing up Sidney.

"I know...we're checking every cellular account in the county. Any calls made to you , Y/n ,or Casey Becker are being cross referenced. It's gonna take time but we'll find him." Dewey said.