《22》

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ
𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘺 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘴.

↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

"𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅...𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏...𝑶𝒉 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏...𝑶𝒉, 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏..."

- 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆'𝒔 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔.

**************
30th of October 1996

-Third Person's POV-

𝟗:𝟒𝟓 🄰🄼

You stretch and yawn, the bright morning light filtering through the curtains casting a warm glow across your bedroom.

As you slowly rouse from sleep, the sound of Nala's barking drifts up from downstairs, pulling you fully awake.

As you peer out the window, the streets below are bathed in an eerie light, the shadows stretching ominously across the pavement.

The crisp autumn air carries with it a hint of decay, a reminder of the darkness that lurks just beyond the surface.

Downstairs, the smell of coffee mingles with the sound of Nala's barks, creating a discordant symphony that sends a chill down your spine.

You can't shake the feeling that something isn't right, that today will bring with it a darkness unlike anything you've ever known despite how sunny today is.

Despite the ominous signs and the sense of unease gnawing at your insides, you shake off the bad feeling and plaster a smile on your face.

You refuse to let the darkness lurking on the edges of your consciousness dampen your spirits.

With a determined mindset, you push aside the lingering doubts and join Nala and your mother at the breakfast table as you take your seat, you engage in lighthearted conversation.

"So...tonight you'll have Stu's Halloween party, right?" your mother asks softly, her voice filled with genuine interest as she scoops out a generous portion of dog food into Nala's bowl.

You pause mid-bite, nodding in affirmation as you swallow your toast. "Oh, yeah. Stu's annual Halloween bash. It's practically a tradition at this point," you reply with a chuckle, the anticipation of the evening's festivities bringing a smile to your lips.

Your mother smiles warmly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Sounds like it'll be a blast. Are you going to dress up?" she inquires, her curiosity piqued.

"Mhmmm...yes, I'm planning on being the female bunny from Space Jam," you say between bites of toast, a hint of excitement in your voice.

Your mother raises an eyebrow, her expression a mix of amusement and concern. "The overly sexualized bunny rabbit?" she asks, her tone laced with a hint of disapproval.

"Yeah, that one. Her name is Lola Bunny," you confirm, eager to share your costume choice.

"Why would you be her? She's not scary, and the only thing scary about that costume is you looking like a prostitute," your mom says, her words laced with a mix of humor and disapproval.