Chapter 28

"But you have to go. It'll be several hours from now. You have time to take medicine and get some sleep. When it's time to get ready, I'll call you myself," said Day in a calm voice.

"But..." Brick tried to object, but when he saw Day's fierce eyes, he immediately shut his mouth.

When they got back to the condo, Brick walked straight into the bedroom along with Day's coat that he was holding in his hand.

Day stared blankly when he walked into the bedroom to find Brick lying down. He had put on Day's coat and was curled up in his bed. Day walks up to him and tries to take his coat off.

"Oh, don't do that..." Brick opened his eyes and said as he took off Day's coat. "That's my coat," Day said. Brick closed his eyes and nodded.

"Ugh... I'm borrowing it," Brick said, covering his body with a blanket and hugging Day's coat.

"Brick, you can't sleep right now. Get up and take some medicine first. Then you can go to sleep," Day said in a harsh voice.

"I'll eat when I wake up," Brick said.

"If you don't get up, I'll take my coat back," said Day, making Brick frown as he closed his eyes. He slowly got up with messy hair.

Day went to get the medicine and water he had bought. He handed Brick medicine for fever and sore throat. The thin figure swallowed the medicine and drank water before lying down to sleep with Day's coat. Day, who looked at him from the foot of the bed, shook his head.

"Is he a child? Like a child with my clothes on," Day mumbles before leaving.

"Brick... Wake up, Brick," Day shook the thin figure that was sleeping on his wide bed. Brick opened his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Brick asked.

"Get up and take a shower. I'm going to take you out," Day said. Brick squirmed before sitting up. After taking the pills and sleeping soundly, he had more strength. Brick looked at Day and realized the tall figure had already taken a shower and had gotten dressed.

"Can you tell me where you're taking me?" Brick asked.

"Even if I did, you wouldn't know. I'll give you half an hour. If you're slow, you know what will happen," Day warned.

Brick got out of bed to take a shower. It wasn't long before the thin figure exited out of the bathroom and got dressed.

"Really, what do you like about it so much? My coat is heavy. It wasn't enough to sleep in it. You're still going to wear it," Day said in surprise when he saw Brick was wearing his coat.

"Ugh... It's so cold. Can't I borrow it?" Brick said. Day looked at Brick for a moment before nodding. Brick hid a small smile. He didn't want to tell Day that he took his coat because it smelled like Day. Brick had a strange, warm feeling when he smelled this scent near and always with him.

"Come on. Tonight, I'm going to take you to a fun event," Day said. After leaving the room, Brick immediately stops in his tracks. Day turns to look at Brick.

"Huh? I'm not going to gang up on you, damn. You're acting scared. Come on. I made plans with Neil, too," Day said in a stern tone. Brick, therefore, enviably follows.

---------

"Why did you bring me to a racetrack?" Brick asked when Day drove into a racetrack, but it was different from where Gear used to compete with Neil.

"Don't tell me, which of my friends did you bring to race again?" Brick asked, immediately looking for his friend despite still being in the car. Day drove the car to find a parking spot, not hiding like before.