A dress

I texted Miyuki that she had better ready when I get there, she loves to take her time. For once she listened and is waiting for me on her porch.
"What do you mean you need a wedding dress!!!!!" She bounds off the steps and starts shaking me.
I break free of her arms and take a step back unable to hide my laughter, "you have no idea really."
"Well you can fill me in on the way, I know the perfect place to shop!" She leads me to her old little car and bows holding the door for me, "now I gotta be all civil and stuff with you. A queen can't even believe it." She snorts shutting me in the car.
"I don't think a demon queen counts really," I stick my tongue out as she gets in.
On the way to the outlets I fill her in on the whole situation, she laughs and shakes her head in disbelief for most of my story, but at least she's supportive.
"So I mean what?" Miyuki pulls into a parking spot and shuts the car off, "I better find a way to become immortal too or we got problems."
She grins wide shoving me before she gets out, what can I say? I have one of the best friends ever.
She drags me to the first store, some hair salon looking place. She insisted on getting me a halo of flowers or something, I think she's more interested that we don't have to pay for anything.
"You can't see though, I picked it out already," she tells me to wait by the door like I'm a puppy, but she's having fun so I guess it's alright.
She takes forever at the counter showing what has to be a hundred pictures on her phone to the group of workers, who I am convinced talked in unison. She spins around on her feet after a few more minutes of hushed whispering and proceeds to drag me out the door.
"You are going to let me pick my own dress right?" I laugh letting her drag to me to the next shop.
"I mean maybe," she sticks her tongue out at me shoving me in the door.
"You can look at dresses while I find a matching necklace!" She yells racing away. I shake my head making my way to the first of hundreds of white dresses. To be honest white isn't my color, and it seems a little too pure for a demon wedding.
"Do you need help deary?" A small older lady makes her way over to me, her glasses seem to balance on the edge of her nose. Her hair is snowy white and tucked into the tightest bun I've ever seen, she herself wears a floral black blouse and tan dress pants. Curiously enough she doesn't wear shoes, but who am I to judge.
"Um kinda I guess?" I let my hands fall from the white gown. "Um do you have any that aren't white?"
"A girl like you and you don't want a white dress?" She tilts her head as if thinking something over, "I do have some, follow me."
She leads me to the back of the store through a curtain behind the check out counter, inside this space is a whole new room with multiple colored gowns and pieces of fabric hanging from the walls.
"Wow..." I mutter under my breath at the sheer organization of her work space. The entire room is color coded like a rainbow, the artist inside of me could leap with joy.
"What were you thinking exactly?" She comes to stand in front of me just a few inches short of being able to look me in the eyes directly.
"Honestly maybe something black? Or maybe I dunno naturey?" I sigh. I never imagined my wedding day and now I have to plan everything in a day.
"I think I have something that might interest you," she nods going towards the furthest corner of the room. She motions me to follow and I do though reluctantly.
She pulls out a black dress, the top part is a pure simple plain black and flows into the bottom which is beautifully embroidered with red roses and green thorny vines that go down and encircle the bottom. It is very pretty, whomever did the work is a true talent.
"That's so beautiful," I let my fingers ride over the thorny pattern, I think Amaimon would enjoy it or absolutely hate it really no way of knowing. Mephisto will get a kick out of it regardless, and I do quite like it myself.
"This might be perfect actually," I look at her, she's pushed her glasses a little further up her nose.
"I did the embroidery myself two years ago," she smiles warmly at the pattern. "I would love to see someone wear this dress."
Whether she is trying to talk me into or not doesn't matter I'm already sold, "I'll take it as long as it fits anyway."
She ushers me into a dressing room, she comes in with measuring tape and a thousand pins. I slip into the dress and she quickly begins making corrections so it fits me best, any protesting I have falls on deaf ears. It feels like hours before she says it's just right and let's me slip back out of it.
"You don't think it's too short do you? Most wedding gowns are much longer." She holds it as high as she can next to me. The dress on me falls just below my knees, but for an outdoor wedding or one in hell I think it'll be just fine.
"It'll be perfect really," I bow in thanks to her as she leads me back to the front, Miyuki is sitting outside the window. I wonder if she thinks I ran away from her.
"Do you want to take it with you or have someone pick it up?" She starts ringing up the dress.
"Um I think I'll have a Mephisto Pheles pick it up this evening, thank you." I hand her his card and she gives me a receipt to sign and a number I have to give Mephisto.
With that done I head out and realize Miyuki has at least 8 bags sitting beside her, if my eyes could pop out of my head they probably would.
"What's all that?!?" I motion frantically at the bags.
"Mephisto sent me a list," she waves her phone at me. To be honest I only half believe her.
"Now are we getting your shoes or what?" She picks herself and her multitude of bags up, "then we better go I have no idea how we are getting this shit in my car!"
I can't help but laugh following her to the last of the outlets.