8

*bzz bzz*

I was awoken Sunday morning by the sound of my phone vibrating my bedside table. I picked it up, just like I had the past few mornings. Opening it to the same notification:

Unknown Number: good mmorning gerard no drems tn

You: Morning Frank. You would know if I had any.

Unknown Number: tru

Unknown number: was time do u want me to pick u up the appts at 4

You: Whenever, depending on how long it will take to get there.

Unknown number: ill pick u up at 3:15 cuz it takes like 15 mins to get there and they reccomenf getting there 30 minutes early

You: Alright, I'll see you then.

Unknown number: C yah<3

Every night and morning since our dinner, we had been talking all day at school,  Frank had been texting me good morning and goodnight, and he ended every conversation with a heart, it made me get a weird feeling in my stomach every time. Like little doves were flying out of my ass or something.

It was already 1:00, I only had 2 hours to get ready. I woke up way too late, I had planned to wake up at 9 so I could eat and prepare myself for spending so much time with Frank, not that I was nervous. I was just... yeah, I was nervous. Who wouldn't be!

I thought the whole time I was getting ready, what am I gonna say, how I'm gonna act. I just, I don't know what to do. Even just being around him at school, with all our friends as buffers, what was I going to do with just me and him and some random tattoo artist in a tiny room for 2 hours.

~2 hours later~

I sat on my couch waiting to hear the knock on the door. "Why are you still here?" Mikey sauntered down the stairs, Pete following behind him. 

"Does he just live here now?" "I wish." Pete sighed, what's his issue? "He's just staying here while his parents are out of town." "And you didn't think to warn me?" "Well you know now. Back to my question though. When does Frank get here?" 

And right on queue, in comes Frank, no knock or anything.

"Let's gooo!" He shouted walking in the room. "Does he live here now." He pointed at Pete, looking at Mikey. I shot my head around, laughing right in their faces. Mikey even giggling a bit too. "He's just 'staying here'." I said using air quotes

"Okay sure, anyway, we gotta go man." "Alright, see yah later Mikes. Peter." I glared at Pete shutting the front door behind me as I left.

"Are you excited?" "Hell yeah, I've always wanted neck tattoo!" "Why are you even getting one? Like aren't you worried you won't be able to get a job?" Frank took a few quick glances at me, making sure to keep his eyes on the road.

"I'm gonna start a band, and it's gonna be so successful that I'll never need to get a job." "What if that doesn't happen?" "Then I guess I'll have to kill myself." We both laughed at his joke as we pulled into the parking lot of a very sketchy looking building.

"This place looks-" "creepy." "I hate when you do that Frank. Just because you think we're like connected or something doesn't mean you have to prove it every five seconds." "Fine, let's just go inside."

We walked up to the building, the bell on the door jingling as we crossed into the threshold. "Holy shit." I heard a familiar voice call out, I slowly looked up. No way thats who I think.

"Hey Gerard, long time no see!" "Hey Bert!? I had no idea you still lived here, and I definitely didn't know you were a tattoo artist." "Yeah man, I tried to reach out to you a couple months ago when I moved back but I got a new phone and didn't have your number."