22

THIRD PERSON POV (for the entire chapter) ⚠️

Yaoyorozu waved her parents down the drive as they hurried to catch their flight at the airport. As soon as the automatic gate clicked shut and the alarm chimed, she picked up her phone and sent out a text to alert the others.

Waiting just a few blocks away were Mina, Sero, and Kaminari.

"There's her message, we're good to go!" Mina said clapping her hands together. She turned to Kaminari and smiled, "Are you ready?"

Although he seemed confident in his fake ID, it was all out the window now. He chewed on a piece of dead skin on his thumb, staring at the liquor store across the street from them.

Sero reached out and waved a hand in front of his face, "Earth to Kaminariiii?"

He quickly blinked back to reality, "Hmm? Oh, right..." He dug in his pocket and pulled out the card with his dumb photo on it, "here goes nothing..."

Mina and Sero pat him on the back, "Just a quick in and out! You have the list we wrote you, right?"

He dug in his other pocket and pulled out a wrinkled piece of notebook paper.

"Uhhh, so I have 3 bottles of vodka, one spiced rum, one white rum, a bottle of gin, tequila, and ten 24 packs of spiked seltzers..." He gulped at the size of the list, "Oh man, this is a lot. What if they recognize me from the UA tournament or something? I'll be canned for sure-"

"Hey man, relax, we're right outside. If anything happens, just run and we'll hold them off so they don't know a thing! Now go on," Sero nudged him forward.

Off he went, grabbing the handle of the heavy glass door and stepping inside to a flourecent, intimidating store that smelled of wet cardboard and cigarettes.

He nervously glanced at the older woman lounging against the counter, eyes fixated at her phone. Directing his attention to the bottles, he grabbed a cart and began filling it with each thing on the list. Once he grabbed each bottle he needed, he turned to the coolers and began piling up with boxes of seltzers. His heart nearly jumped out of his ribcage when the front bell chimed, causing him to drop a box into the cart and knock into the bottles. They rang through the uncomfortably quiet store, and he nearly short-circuited himself for it. At last he fit the final box on the cart and wheeled it to the front.

The woman working the register set her phone to the side and began scanning, not looking at Kaminari at first. She had terribly guady makeup on, and a fake beauty mark above her hairy lip. He gulped. Women like this would stomp his balls into the pavement if he was caught trying any risky business like this. He tried to stare off at something and remain cool and collected.

She tapped a few keys on the register and cleared her wet phlegm filled throat, "¥27,071.00 is your total today."

Kaminari handed her his damn ID instead of the card Yaoyorozu gave him to use. She took it with long hot pink nails and stared at it.

"Honey this is your ID."

"Ha- oh right, sorry. Not as young as I used to be- haha-" He knew he was doomed, but handed her the card anyway.

She raised a penciled eyebrow and stared at his ID again before running the card and coughing. She handed him both cards back, ripped the receipt from the printer, and sent him on his way.

If life was anything like the cartoons, his heart would be beating out of his chest and into the sun. He wheeled the cart out the door and gave a wave of success to Mina and Sero.

"Yesss!" Mina exclaimed and ran to his side, "Let's hurry and get this to Momo's!"

With Mina's acid and Sero's tape, they quickly traveled with the full cart of goods to Momo's home. Mina keys in the passcode at the gate and they hurry in.