Chapter 13

Mikoto's concern echoed in the hospital hallway as she desperately called out to her son, "Sasuke, wait! What's going on?"

But Sasuke, fueled by an overwhelming sense of worry for Hinata, paid no heed to his mother's questions. His heart pounded in his chest as he sprinted towards the car, a singular focus on reaching Hinata. The urgency in her voice during their brief phone call lingered in his mind, and he felt an unrelenting need to ensure her safety. Without a moment's hesitation, he raced towards their home, his mind racing with concerns and his foot heavy on the accelerator, pushing his car to its limits.

Meanwhile, Hinata was curled up on the couch in their living room, holding herself tightly. She had never felt so vulnerable and helpless before. The encounter with the stalker had left her shaken to the core, and she couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.

As the minutes ticked by, her anxiety grew. Where was Sasuke? Why wasn't he here yet?

Finally, after what felt like an eternity (though it had only been two hours), she heard the front door open, and Sasuke's voice calling out her name. A sigh of relief escaped her, and she rushed into his arms, seeking solace in the comforting embrace he provided.

"I'm here, Hinata," he whispered soothingly, enfolding her in his arms. "I've got you."

Hinata clung to Sasuke, tears streaming down her face, as she recounted the terrifying encounter with her stalker. Sasuke listened intently, his emotions shifting between anger and concern. Anger at the audacity of someone invading Hinata's sense of security, and concern for the fear she had endured.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," Hinata said, her voice trembling. "I didn't want to worry you, and I thought I could handle it myself."

Sasuke tightened his grip, his initial frustration melting away as he realized the depth of her fear. "You never have to handle anything like this alone," he asserted firmly. "I'm here for you, always."

They remained entwined for a while, finding comfort in each other's presence, until Hinata's sobs quieted, and she gently pulled away. Sasuke, with tender care, wiped away the lingering tears with the pads of his thumbs, locking eyes with her.

"I love you, Hinata," he said softly. "And I promise you, we'll make sure that stalker never comes near you again."

Hinata felt a wave of warmth wash over her at Sasuke's words. She knew he meant every word, and it made her feel safe and loved.

"I love you too, Sasuke," she replied, her voice still shaky. "Thank you for being here for me."

"We need to report this to the police," he said firmly. "I won't rest until we know that this guy is behind bars."

"I-I already talked to the police," Hinata said shakily, still clinging to Sasuke's arm. "They said they would look into it, but I don't think they can do much."

Sasuke's jaw clenched as he processed her words. "Then it looks like I have to call my brother," he said firmly.

Hinata's eyes widened as she looked up at him. "B-But you haven't talked to your brother since-" she started to say.

"I know," Sasuke interrupted, his voice cold and clipped. "But it has to be done for your safety."

Hinata nodded, knowing that Sasuke was right. She trusted him to make the right decision, even if it meant facing his estranged brother after all these years.

As Sasuke reached for his phone, Hinata took a deep breath and squeezed his hand. Sasuke's thumb flew over the keypad as he dialed Itachi's number. The phone rang several times before it was picked up on the other end.