Chapter 28

Hinata's heart was pounding in her chest as she walked through the front door of her house, the pregnancy test kit weighing heavily in her bag. She had tried her best to hide her anxiety as she said goodbye to her friends, but the fear of what the test might reveal was all-consuming.

As she walked inside, she was greeted by the sight of Sasuke sitting at his desk grading papers. He looked up at her and noticed immediately that something was wrong. "You're home early," he said, standing up and walking towards her. "Are you okay? You seem really pale."

Hinata's nerves got the better of her, and she handed him the bag before running to the bathroom. Sasuke was left standing there, confused, as he looked inside the bag and saw the pregnancy test kit box.

His heart sank as he realized what this could mean. He went to the bathroom and found Hinata sitting on the floor, staring blankly ahead. "You don't think you might be?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Hinata shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "I-I don't know," she responded, her voice trembling with fear.

Sasuke sat down beside her and took her hand, trying to offer some comfort. They both sat there in silence for a few moments, lost in their thoughts and fears.

Finally, Hinata mustered up the courage to take the test. They waited anxiously for what felt like an eternity, watching as the seconds ticked by. When the result finally appeared, they both leaned forward to read it, their hearts racing with anticipation.

The test showed a clear positive sign, indicating that Hinata was indeed pregnant. A mixture of surprise, joy, and apprehension washed over her. It only took one try, and she couldn't believe how quickly it had happened. She turned to look at Sasuke, her eyes wide with astonishment.

Sasuke's initial worry about timing and Hinata's education resurfaced momentarily, but it was soon overshadowed by a rush of happiness and anticipation. He squeezed Hinata's hand gently, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "We're going to be parents," he whispered, his voice filled with a mix of wonder and excitement.

Hinata's tears turned from ones of uncertainty to ones of overwhelming emotion. She wrapped her arms around Sasuke, burying her face in his chest. "I can't believe it," she murmured, her voice muffled but filled with joy. "We're going to have a baby."

Sasuke held her tightly, his arms enveloping her in a protective embrace. They sat there, cherishing the moment, as the realization of the new chapter in their lives began to sink in.

---🌟---

Sakura emerged from the mall, juggling multiple bags in her arms. Ino had left earlier with Naruto and Shion, but Sakura was determined to continue her shopping spree. Fumbling to extract her keys from her bag, a few bags slipped from her grasp. "Shit," she muttered under her breath, struggling to regain control of her scattered purchases.

A voice interrupted her moment of frustration. "Need help?"

Startled, Sakura looked up to find Kakashi-sensei standing nearby. "Are you stalking me or something?" she asked, brushing off his offer of assistance and diverting the conversation.

Kakashi raised his hands in a placating gesture. "No, sorry! I had an errand to run here. I just arrived," he explained. Sakura raised an eyebrow skeptically, finally managing to retrieve her keys.

As she struggled, Kakashi bent down to collect the fallen bags. "Why would you think that?" he inquired while helping her load the bags into her car.

Sakura, still slightly suspicious, responded, "You always seem to be around me."