Chapter One: Arranged Marriage

A N G E L A

"Jackson if you interrupt me again I will fire you before you make the payroll," I smiled towards the brunette intern with a clipboard in his hand

The boy's mouth shifted into a thin line and my smile grew in response.

"Now, as I was saying," I paused before looking toward the men and women at the table in expensive suits and blouses

"We should be trying to expand my father's company by making agreements with business men and women overseas, not only in Manhattan. Nicholas, I want a 100 copies of business related contracts made by tomorrow morning for the meeting. Julianna, I want 50 copies of the invitations I emailed you this morning. Understood?" I asked as I scanned the room again

Everyone nodded their heads while mumbling "yes", making me sigh in relief.

"Good, you're dismissed. We'll meet here again next week,"

Before anyone approached me, I grabbed my briefcase and walked out of the meeting room. I needed a drink and I couldn't have one at work. "Alcohol brings bad press," my father insisted to remind me. Where I didn't care about what the press thought of me, my parents wanted the company's reputation to be clean. Purely obscured from anything that had negative publicity.

Which meant whenever I needed to curse or drink, I had to do it whenever cameras weren't around.

When I made it to the lobby, I smiled at our receptionist, Lucy, and walked by her, hoping she didn't call for me. I had been sending my voicemails to her phone since this morning, so I knew she was behind on her own. Oops.

"Oh Ms. Olson, did you-,"

"Great work today, Lucy. Can't wait to see more from you next week!" I expressed cheerfully, pushing through the exit doors

Almost immediately, the press swarmed me with their cameras and I clicked my tongue to control the "shit" that nearly escaped me.

I casted everyone a smile and pulled my shades from my clutch to place them on the bridge of my nose. I made eye contact with my security and they brushed past the crowd to lead me to Raymond's, my chauffeur's, limo.

Trying to make an escape didn't stop anyone from asking me the same ridiculous questions though.

"Ms. Olson, where are your parents?"

"Ms. Olson, when will you start dating again?"

"Ms. Olson, Ms. Olson! Have you ever thought that you weren't fit for this job?"

I pursed my lips together to keep myself from scowling as I picked at my cuticles to calm myself. To me, there was nothing wrong with smacking the interviewer's face into the nearest brick wall or pulling the trigger on the dumb blonde who kept asking me about my love life. No that wasn't a problem for me at all.

I mean there was nothing wrong with that at all.

After I settled myself in the car and wrapped the seatbelt around me, I forced a dashing smirk out of the window then winked at the young interviewer with glasses, making his face beam red with shyness. I almost cooed at him, but a sudden motion to my left caught my attention. I turned my head to see my best friend, Jasmine, with her phone in her hand.

Normally, was the more quiet and shy one out of us two, but when she was around people she knew, she was a ball of sunshine that I loved being around. Her bubbly, sarcastic, and funny personality matched with mine perfectly since I could be the same way at times.