Chapter Fourteen: Courthouse Wedding

A N G E L A

It had been two and a half weeks since the break in, Carter's and I's kiss/ruined dinner, and my parents returning home to a bloody daughter and shot up house.

It was definitely a lot to process within a day.

Quite literally, Carter checked on me everyday and forced me to stay in bed for the entire two weeks because he was "only listening to Amelia's orders". It worked out since I was put under less stress than everyone else in the family and company.

He also made it his mission to find out what happened the night of the break in, and I couldn't have been more appreciative of him. So far, we hadn't received anymore updates about the break in, but I was sure something would come up soon.

"Jasmine, I'm headed to work!" I yelled from over my shoulder as I opened the front door

"Okay, be safe, I'll see you when you come home!" Jasmine answered from upstairs

I smiled softly and walked out of the door then locked it behind me. I looked over my shoulder and made eye contact with Raymond who was patiently waiting outside of the limo for me.

I approached the limo and gave him a small nod as he opened the backseat door for me, "Thank you Raymond,"

"No problem, Ms. Olson. It's nice to see you moving around again," He joked with a soft chuckle

I grinned to myself and shook my head as I crawled in the backseat, "I'm glad to be. You know how Carter can be," I answered as I recalled the past couple of days

Carter made sure that I didn't move a muscle for anything and grabbed everything for me. He helped me out of the bed whenever I needed to use the bathroom and take a shower and he brought me every meal my personal chef made. My parents didn't say anything to me but I noticed that they couldn't shake the smiles of their faces when they saw the drastic change in our relationship. It was incredibly annoying since I knew they were profiting off of us and our soon-to-be marriage.

That reminded me, I needed to speak with Carter about the marriage soon.

Raymond simply nodded with a soft smile and closed the door behind me as I reached behind me for my seatbelt. I wrapped the cool leather around my chest and waist and clicked it in place as Raymond walked around the front of the limo to enter the driver seat. I pulled out my phone to answer my emails as he put his seatbelt on before pressing the start button by the steering wheel. The engine roared to life and I rolled my window down to feel the heat of the sun graze the side of my face.

Raymond reversed out of the driveway and started driving down the narrow street to the company. I looked down and opened my purse to pull out my shades when I received a message by an unsaved number.

"She wants to see you Ms. Olson,"

I rolled my tongue along the inside of my jaw in angst as I hesitated to answer. I had missed my routinely visits with her in the last two weeks, which was unlike me, but with the break in still being a mystery, I didn't want someone to follow me. Especially since they mentioned a girl.

I moved my fingers to type a response, but they never connected with the keyboard. I sighed through my nose and put my phone back in my purse. I made the mental note to answer when I clocked out of work.

"Is everything alright, Ms. Olson?" Raymond questioned, making eye contact with me through the rearview mirror

My eyes widened softly as I turned my head to look out of the window, "Yep,"

He simply nodded in response and made the final right to enter the parking lot of the company. Almost immediately, a crowd of press and cameras circled around the limo as Raymond parked in front of the entrance doors.