Chapter Ten: Toxic Lovers

C A R T E R

Fuck, she was making it hard to control myself.

She looked absolutely stunning in her orange dress and white open toed heels. The dress was asymmetrical at the waistline and had thin spaghetti straps that were trying their best to hold up her full breasts. There were thin orange strings at the end of the dress that flowed after her as she walked and the material looked incredibly silky and soft on her brown skin.

Her dark curly hair was pulled into a low ponytail and her makeup matched the same neon orange tone of her dress as her lips were coated with a light pink lipstick and clear shiny gloss.

After all this time, all I wanted to do was take her to my place and fuck her until we passed out, but that was too forward for my Angel. I knew she would've slapped me if I even suggested the idea, but I wanted to make up for lost time and prove to her and her body that she was still mine.

I didn't give a fuck that it had been six years and that she hated me. I wanted to show her that her body, spirit, and mind was mine until I said it wasn't. Which wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Was I an idiot for even thinking of that at this moment? Most definitely, but I wasn't going to act on it simply because I thought of it.

Not yet anyways.

I wanted to take things slow with her. She had suffered enough in the last six years trying to build her hate for me and it was my job to rearrange the pieces and reveal her love for me again.

I knew she still loved me because she hadn't killed me yet, and that was enough for me to handle her attitude and mouth to break past the walls she wrapped around her and her heart.

The situation was humorous to me because even after all these years, she still didn't know how much she meant to me.

If she wanted me to burn down the fucking Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge in broad daylight on television, I would do it without a second thought. All of my senses grew foggy and clouded whenever she was around me and it didn't help that she knew how to use her words to make me do whatever she wanted.

She held the most control over me and she didn't even fucking know it.

I knew it when I first saw her on a local billboard advertising a campaign for her father in California three years ago. I remembered it so vividly because my heart damn near stopped as I stopped in my tracks. I wanted to drop everything right then and there and hop on the first flight back to New York simply by seeing her face again, but I knew I couldn't.

It didn't make it better that my pretty little Angel who I came to love in high school didn't look so innocent anymore. Instead, she had grown so much in the span of three years and evolved into a woman with an intimidating and darker aura.

The first thing I noticed was that she was curvier and that her breasts were fuller in the long black satin dress she wore. Then I saw that the short brown curly hair she had since middle school was darker and fuller. She must've dyed it and grown it past her shoulders like she always wanted to. Her usual pair of purple glasses were also gone so I could see her hazel eyes more clearly. They were more striking than what I remembered.

Everything new about her made me want to see her again, but I had already made an agreement with my psychiatrist that forced me out of New York for six years. I fucking hated myself for not fighting harder, but it was useless now. I knew that if I wanted to make things right for my Angel, I had to stay in California for the another three years.