Chapter Fifteen: Little Red

A N G E L A

I smiled softly as Carter finally left my office and grabbed my briefcase to take out my laptop and notepad. I had tons of emails and business meeting proposals I had to respond to, and I didn't want to waste anymore time.

I reached over to grab my desk phone and dialed Lucy, hoping she wouldn't be too busy with the front desk to answer.

Luckily, she picked up on the first ring, "Yes Mrs. Evans?"

I smiled softly and decided not to correct her, "Hey Lucy, can you cancel my meetings for today and arrange them for Wednesday instead? I will be out of the office by 3 today and I won't be coming in tomorrow,"

"Yes ma'am, of course," She answered politely causing my smile to widen

"Thank you, I'll call you back if I need anything else," I promised with a soft smile

"Yes ma'am," She replied simply and ended the call

I placed the phone back on the handle and sighed as I looked down at the papers on my desk, "Fuck, I need a personal assistant,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally 2:45 and I was more than ready to leave the office. I had drowned myself in paperwork for the past several hours and demanded everyone to leave me alone so I could finish in a timely manner.

I wanted to be there for Carter but I also had some things on my own to take care of.

I pulled out my phone and looked over the message again, biting my lip in the process. I went to the unsaved number's contact and sighed deeply as I hesitantly pressed the call button.

My heart pounded as the phone rung once and it only intensified when she answered on the second ring, "Good evening Ms. Olson, how are you?"

"I'm alright, but could be better. I'm sorry I didn't answer this morning, I had work. How is she?" I rushed out before I could stop myself

"She's sleeping now, would you like me to wake her?" She asked with a quiet voice

"No, that's okay. I'll be on my way there in about an hour. I'm headed home now to change clothes then I'll come over,"

"Yes ma'am, I'll see you soon then," She answered sweetly

"See you soon," I repeated before ending the call

I blew out another breath and grabbed the files and paperwork from my desk and opened the file cabinet to place them in there. I locked the cabinet after I was finished and set the key back inside of my purse. I didn't need to lose it amongst the amount of paperwork I had surrounding me.

I pulled out my phone again and called Raymond and he answered on the first ring, "Good evening Ms. Olson, I'm parked in front of the entrance doors,"

"Perfect, I'll be down in about five minutes," I replied shortly and ended the call

I had called him on my lunch break and asked if he could pick me up at 3 today, so I was glad that he could without it disrupting his schedule.

I grabbed my briefcase from my desk, walked out of my office, then locked the door behind me. I walked down the hallway and released a sigh in relief as I approached the elevator. I was so ready to leave.