Chapter Twelve: Purely Psychotic

A N G E L A

"Fucking drive!" I screamed at Raymond as we got in his limo

Carter was right beside me getting into his own limo as he was on the phone with his security and team to meet us at my house with guns, bulletproof vests, and ear pieces.

My house was two stories and incredibly spacious so it was easy to lose your way without being careful. It was important that everyone was on the same page throughout the entire search.

As we sped down the long and narrow street away from La'Duneys, my phone buzzed so I took it out of my purse to check it. 

SECURITY BREACH

I tapped on the notification and my lips tightened into a thin line as I watched the men break through the front door and start walking through the rooms to perimeter the area. I rolled my tongue along the side of my jaw to calm myself, but before I could click off the app to call Jasmine, an image from the video camera loaded with all of the rooms in the house and they were empty.

My eyebrow raised in suspicion but I didn't hesitate to call Jasmine. If she wasn't there I was sure she received the breach notification too. It was synced to all of our phones.

The phone rang for a few seconds until she finally picked up and I almost dropped the phone with how fast Raymond was speeding down the empty street.

"Jas, where the fuck are you?" I rushed out before she could say something

"I'm at my friend's house, we left the bar not too long ago," She replied and I blew out a breath of relief

"What's going on? Why am I getting an alert about a security breach?" She asked nervously and I contemplated whether telling her or not

I didn't want to scare her and ruin her night but I also wanted her to be prepare for whatever the night would bring.

I sighed softly and looked at Raymond and he simply nodded, silently telling me to tell her what happened, "Someone broke into the house, but don't worry. I'm on the way home with Carter and his security will meet us there,"

She took a dramatic gasp in response and I already knew that she was going to be out of pocket, "Can he hear me? Carter you better tell her to give you some pussy soon!"

"Jasmine what the hell?! Carter isn't in the car with me, Raymond is," I yelled at her, completely embarassed

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, you should've been more specific with who was around," She replied and I knew she said it with a grin

"Whatever, bye, I'll call you later," I grumbled and ended the call before she could answer

"Don't say a thing," I ordered Raymond who was desparately trying to hold back his laughter as he made a left turn

I tightened my lips into a thin line and thanked myself for forcing Carter to drive in his own limo because with everything happening between the break in and learning about the past, I was slowly starting to question my sanity.

When I first took over the company, things were less complicated so I tried to enjoy the position my parents gifted me. Going into my first year, I tried to keep myself busy so no one would expect anything because everything changed after Carter left me. Going into the second year, my parents started training me in different ways, like weaponry and defense and by the third year, I was given a hit list with the mission to complete every kill by the following year.