Dinner.

After his training I take him to my favorite quiet spot. We sit. "Close your eyes." He obeys. "Now listen to your breathing. Breath deep in your stomach, slow your heart." He breaths, I touch his stomach. "Breath from here." I then touch his heart. His heart starts to beat fast. "No, Jake. Your heart is very fast. You need to slow it." I look up, his eyes are looking at me. I look down at his stomach. "You need to focus." I look firmly at him. He shuts his eyes and breath.

"Sorry." I sit next to him, with only one hand on his stomach.

"Water is all around us. It is in us. It was here before you were born and will be here after your death." His breathing finds a rhythm. I remove my hand and slowly get into the water. I go under to find a shell. When I come up, I see Jake breathing. "Za'u. (Come.)" He opens his eyes. I motion for him to follow. He gets in. I go under he follows. I swim ahead of him getting deeper. I roll over and see him above me. I smile, I turn and I pick up another shell. I look behind me to find him swimming up. I watch him when he gets air he looks back down. I smile and sign. 'Swim with me.' He looks confuse. I motion his to come on. He take another breath and dive under again.

I swim and find lots of tiny shells. I look at him, but he is above the water. I swim up and look at him. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing, it's just a little harder than I thought." I smile gently. "I also don't understand your signing."

"I will teach you." I put my hand on his stomach. "Breath. Relax, become one with the water." He obeys. "Help me find three shells I like, in one breath."

"How do I know what you want?"

"Show me." I tilt my head. We go under, I watch him swim around as he looks for three shells. He shows me the three he picks. I take only one. He goes back to look for more. I notice him finding the two shells I hid. He shows me, I take them. He goes up. I follow. "You did it." I praise him. I take him back to my spot. I teach him to sign, then we go to our Mauri's. I cook, fish soup. I hunt a fish and gut it and clean it.

"Can I have some?" I look up to see a little Tuk at my opening.

"You have to help." She giggles and comes in. I tell her to get me water, she obeys. I cut up the food and hand them to her. She gently puts it in. We wait for it to cook. "I like you." I smile brightly.

"I like you too. You are very nice." She giggles. When the food is done I serve both of us and we taste it.

"MMM. This is good." My cheeks heat up.

"Thank you." I hear a girl calling for Tuk.

"In here!" She calls enjoying the food. She walks in and smells the food.

"That smells good." I chuckle.

"What do they call you?" I ask.

"Kiri." She says looking at the food. I look at the food. There is more than enough for a family. I lift the pot and have them follow me to their Marui. I walk in to find Jake trying to cut some food. I giggle, he looks up.

"Kiri and Tuk seems hungry and I made too much for me. Do you guys want some?" All three males ear perks up. Jake grabs the pot from me. I turn to leave, but a hand grabs my arm. I look behind me, Jake is holding my arm.

"You can't leave." Tuk whines, tears in her eyes. I bend down and wipe her eyes.

"Tuk." I say with a heavy heart. "This is a family, I am not part of your family. I can not come in and eat." I explain.

"Why not?" Neteyam says this time. "You made the food and brought it to us. You should eat with us."

I go to protest, but Jake's next words stop me. "Please, stay." I stand.

"I should not. This..."

"Is a family." He finishes. "This family wants you to stay and eat." I look around at the family. Everyone nods in agreement. I sit and introduce myself to the last boy.

"I am Lo'ak." Is what he says. We take our first bite. "This is very good!" Lo'ak exclaims. They all agree. My cheeks heat up.

"Thank you." We finish and I get up and grab my pot, but Tuk grabs my hand.

"Please stay. At least until I go to sleep." I smile warmly. I lay Tuk in her hammock and stand next to her. When all the children fall asleep, I go to pick up the pot to find it gone. I look around and notice Jake squating outside. I go to see what he is doing. I see him washing my pot and their dishes. I look at his hand and see the cuts on them.

I go to my Marui to get some left over medacine. I go back to him, he stands after finishing the dishes. I help him put them away. "I have brought medicine for your hand. I show him, he goes to take it, but I do not let him. We sit down and I apply it on him. He hisses at first. "You are learning to breath and the signs. You are doing good." I say as I finish.

"Thank you." He says. I look at him. The look in his eyes makes my breath hitch.

"Why do you look at me like that?" I question, trying to focus on his hand. I finish and pull away.

"Do you really want to know why?" I swallow and nod my head. "I want you. A week has past and this feeling is only getting stronger. When I try to focus under you touch, I can't. When you smile I want to kiss your lips." I gasp at his words. He feels the same, I want him as well. I quickly get up, grab my pot and medicine, and run to my Marui. I drop my medicine and pot as I clean it up I feel my hands shaking. I get up and close my Marui. I need to tell my brother. I shakily pick up my mess when arms wrap around me and help steady my hands.