Death

I wake to a horn sounding. I sit up, I wake Jake. He listens, I rush towards the horn. Jake is following. I see Tonowari and Arya is there. They are going to leave when I stop them. "What is going happening?"

"Tulkun was murdered." Tonowari says, sadly. Jake calls his Tsurak, I do the same. We follow my brother to the Tulkun, I pray to Eywa it is not Kaya, Ro'a, or Ka'am. We arrive, I see Ro'a. I fall off my Tsurak and swim to her. Tears threatening to spill. I sit on her fin and look behind me. I cry as I look at her son. I scream. "Her name is Ro'a." Tonowari says.

"She was Ronal's spirit sister." I hear a gasp from Arya. "She was a composer of songs. Much revered. They would sing together. She waited many breeding cycles to have this calf. The clan was so happy for her." Tear rolls down my cheeks. I hear Tonowari sigh. I look to them, not taking my hands off of her. "What is this Tonowari, Jake? What is this?!" I yell, Jake swims around her. He comes back around with something red in his hand, it is making a sound. I feel rage boiling in me. The sky people will pay for this.

We go back to the village. The clan is around us. Arya is behind Tonowari. I stand on top of the elevated ground. Jake stands at the bottom of it. "Ronal's spirit sister and her baby has been murdered by the sky people." The clan exclaims as I look from Jake to them. I see Tsireya crying, Ao'nung is angry. Tonowari exclaims with the clan.

"This war has come to us. We knew about this hunting of our Tulkun people. But it was over the horizon, far away. Now it is here." He snarls. We snarl with him. Tsireya still crying. Jake is trying to say something.

"No, you don't... You gotta understand how sky people think. They don't care about the Great Balance." He says. A male yells.

"We do not answer to sky people!"

"Listen, listen to him." My oldest son says. I look to my mate.

"The sky people are not gonna stop. This is only the beginning. You gotta tell the Tulkun to leave." Jake points. I look to my brother who is holding Arya's hand, glaring at my mate. I look to Jake, he turns. "You gotta tell them to go far away!"

"Leave?" Jake turns to me, sharply. He nods. "Have I taught you nothing? Have you learned nothing?!"

"We will fight to protect our brothers and sisters!" Another male says. We all yell and snarl. Jake looks panicked. I watch him as the clan yells, he says.

"No, no, no. If you attack, If you fight. Then, they will destroy you! They will destroy everything that we love!" He motions to my stomach. I put my hand on my stomach. My eyes wide, as the clan gets louder. "NO! You hear my words!" Jake is trying to protect our clan. Neteyam is trying as well. "Hear my words!" Jake looks around, knowing nothing is being heard. "Damn it!" Jake looks to Neteyam and grabs the red thing. He runs next to Tonowari. As he holds it up, we watch. "You tell the Tulkun that if they're hit by one of these, they're marked for death." He lowers it and shows it to the clan. "And call for me, I'll silence it. Saving their lives, that's all that matters. Right? Saving our family." Jake looks between Tonowari and me. Tonowari and Arya looks to me. I nod.

"Tell the Tulkun." Tonowari says.

"Go." Arya says. The clan yips and runs. I dive in the water with Jake. We ride our Tsurak to the Tulkun. We warn the Tulkun. When we arrive I notice I can not find our children. Jake helps me look.

I ask one the villagers. Jake touches my arm. "Yeah Lo'ak." I look to Jake. He puts something in my ear. "We're with a Tulkun that's under attack." I look at Jake, as we hear yelling. "Killer ship's inbound. It's about two klicks out." I grab Jakes arm. He is holding one of his necklaces.

"Who's with you?"

"It's all of us. Ao'nung and Tsireya too." I gasp in fright. Jake holds my arm. We're at three brothers rocks."

"You get to cover, and you do not engage. All right? You hear me? Do not engage we're coming."

"Yes, sir." Lo'ak says, as we run to get Tonowari and Arya. The clan sees us running, they follow, yipping.

"Kids are under attack!" Tonowari and Arya stand. "The kids are under attack. They were defending a Tulkun. It's your kids too." Arya turns and goes for her weapons.

"The demon ship?" My brother asks.

"Yes! We gotta go!" We run to our Marui and we get our weapons.

We ride there. I look at stop when we get there. Jake looks through his gun. I recognize this being Arya's vision. Everything we seen happen, happened.
After Jake told us who was up there. "NO! Tsireya!" She yells. I look to see Lo'ak, Tuk, and Tsireya all tied up on a sky people ship. I hiss. I look at the things around me. I see Jake, Tonowari, Arya. I see Jake going alone to the ship. Because, they say they will let go of the children if he does. I am crying and Arya too. We do not move. A Tulkan flies out of the water, attacking the ship. When he lands on it he starts protecting the children. Jake yells, then we follow to the war. We yell as we go to war.