Our Marui

We watch as Arya checks Ali'yah. When she checks her pulse something confuses my sister. I hold my breath and focus on her facial expressions. She has us move so she can check the other wrist. She sets her arm down and looks at me. "She's Pregnant." My ears twitch.

"What?"

"She's pregnant, Jake."

"Arya, is my sister okay? What is Pre-g..." Tonowari struggles with the word. Arya nods and smiles.

"Ali'yah is fine. She's with child." Tonowari looks to me, I'm looking at him. Lo'ak sighs in relief. Tuk and Neteyam rush to her other side and smiles. Kiri hugs me to comfort me.

"She is safe, dad." I let go of my breath, as Arya goes to her mates side, I go to mine. I grab her hand and we wait until she wakes.

~Ali'yah's POV~

I open my eyes to find my family surrounding me. I sit up and Jake helps me. "What is wrong?" I ask, are they worried.

"Nothing, we're all happy." Tuktirey throws herself on my lap and hugs me tight. "Tuk be careful." Jake says gently. Tuk gasps and tries to get off my lap. I hold her in place.

"What has happened?" I look to Jake.

"Something good. very good." He smiles. They all look at me. "Ma yawne, your with child." I stare at my mate.

"What?" I ask, trying not to smile.

"You are with child." Neteyam says. I look to my oldest son. He is smiling.

"Tuk can you get up?" Tuk listens, I sit on my knees. I throw my body on Jake's. I hug his chest. I hear laughing, I do not care. I have wanted this for a long time.

Jake hugs me, I look at the children. I gesture for them to come. They all hug us. We all laugh. "There is something I want to show you, ma yawne." I look at him.

"Before that." We all look to Arya. "Examining your body, there might be..." Everything goes quiet, I stare as a vision comes to me. I see a Tulkun landing on a Sky people ship, as Jake calls it. My vision leap farther to the future to me being on a rock. I feel something in my hands, I focus on the thing I'm holding Neteyam's hand. He's scared, my oldest son is shot. I scream, but nothing comes out. All I can do is watch as the life leaves my neteyam's eyes. I grab him and cry. I hold my son to my chest. I look to see Lo'ak crying, I want to hold him too, but my heart is hurting too much. My arms are filled with Neteyam. I can't let go. A sky person is there he is very sad. I need to stop this. I come back from my vision and I look to see Neteyam, though I feel better, I hug Neteyam. He hugs me back.

"Mother Ali'yah. What's wrong?" I shake my head.

"Nothing Neteyam, nothing." I can't tell them, not this. I grab Lo'ak and hold him next. "I'm just happy." I squeeze my youngest son. 'Great mother, help me stop this, please.' There is only two words that comes to mind.

"Ao'nung. Mate." I know no one else can hear her. I look to Arya remembering she is the only other person that can. She smiles, the smile contains approval. I smile the same smile back.

"What do you want to show me?" I look to Jake. He smiles. "Follow me." He lifts us up, but Tuk holds me. I hold her and Kiri. They both are not happy they are not hugged. I hold their hands as we follow Jake. Jake stops us, he comes behind me and covers my eyes with his hands. He leads me to where we are going. We stop, I keep hearing happy squeals from Tuk. "Where are we?" I ask, Jake removes his hands from my eyes. I open my eyes and see our marui. It is in a tree. The tree is huge. I look at Jake and back to the Marui. I am excited, I run to the tree and climb. Before I go in I notice there are pods away from the main one. The one that catches my eyes is the one closer to the ocean. I start to walk there when I feel a hand my wrist. I look to see Jake, his eyes tell me that I can not go yet. I follow him to the main Marui. I hold my breath as I look at the place around me.

 I hold my breath as I look at the place around me

(There are no stairs, There is a ladder.)

(The mirror is a stone, and bed is the eating area

(The mirror is a stone, and bed is the eating area.) I see a stone that sits on water. I walk to it. The area where we eat is next to it. I look at the water. Jake hugs me from behind and says.

"I will fill the ponds as they empty. Over here is where the Ikrans can rest." He shows me, the Ikrans are resting there. I see a ladder and climb it. I see a spot we can rest as a family. I walk over to it.

After I see the main Marui I got to our pod, it was indeed the one by the ocean.

(The bed is a huge hammock with canopy

(The bed is a huge hammock with canopy.) I take in the view. I notice a small area for a baby. Tears form in my eyes. Jake again hugs my back into his chest. I realize this is our Marui. I push Jake on the Hammock and sit on his lap. I kiss, wanting to show him thanks. His hands cup my cheeks. "Mama! Come." Tuk runs in and we pull apart. I stand and let Tuk lead me to her pod. I see a shelf on her wall, I don't see Neytiri's armband. I fear it is in our pod. I do not know why.

~Jake's POV~

I watch as Ali'yah stares at the shelf in Tuk's pod. Fear shows on her face. I realize I forgot to put Neytiri's band on the shelf. I rush to the main Marui and search the bags. When I find it I go to Tuk's pod and kneel in front of her. "Tuk, I can't keep this from you. You held it when..." Pain laces with my voice. "...When your mother passed. It is yours now." I feel eyes on my back. I hear sniffling. I keep eye contact with my youngest daughter. "Take it." Tuk shakes her head.

"It is my fault she is dead. No!" She yells, refusing to grab it. She runs away. Her words are like stones in my heart. She blames herself for her own mothers death. Tears roll down my cheeks. Ali'yah kneels with me. She wipes my eyes and then holds me.

"Her words are like stones in my heart." I cry letting my mate hold me. "How can she blame herself for this?"

"Shh. I will talk to her. She might open up to me." She says, soothing me. "Wait here. I will talk to her." She gets up. "Stay with your father. He needs someone to hold him."

"Yes, ma'am we will." I feel arms around me.

1211 words