Attacked

~Ali'yah POV~

I wake to the sun. I notice Jake is sleeping soundly. I get off the hammock, I fall to my knees. Jake sits up and looks at me. I look at him confused, I try to get up, but my legs collapse again. He chuckles, he gets up, he walks to me. He lifts me up. "Where do you want to go?" I pout at the man carrying me.

"I want to go see Kiri." He smirks.

"With no clothes on?" I look down, I forget I have no clothes on.

"Help me?" He chuckles, he sits me down and grabs some clothes. As he dresses us, Neteyam's voice is heard. He is mad. I sigh, I was hoping to see Kiri, but my other children needs me.

"I'll go to Kiri, you help Neteyam." I nod at Jakes words. I get up I hold myself up better.

I walk slowly to Neteyam. "What is wrong?" I ask him.

"Ao'nung!" He yells at me, his eyes go wide. "I'm sorry mother." I smile at him. "Ao'nung thinks of me as only a toy he can... mate with." I am getting mad, but keep a calm face.

"Did you tell him how you feel?" He shakes his head. "You should. Mates argue, but they always listen to each other. They come back to each other." I guide his head to look at me. "Ka. (Go.) Talk to him." I say. he gets up and walks to Ao'nung. I shake my head and get up and go to see Kiri. I walk slowly, I am grabbed. I am blindfolded, at first I think it is Jake. Until I feel his touch, his hands are smooth. Jake's is not. The touch does not feel right. I feel like I am betraying Jake. I turn and hiss at the man. I take off the blindfold. It's Anak's brother Tafu. This man is not a hunter, he does not have a role here. He walks towards me and I back away.

Fear runs through me. I know Jake does not like me fighting. He grabs my wrist, he pulls me towards him. I knee his member, hoping he would let me go. It is successful. I run, my weak legs are tired, but I keep running. I get to the village, only to be grabbed again. I go to scream, but my mouth is cover. I bite his hand, he lets go. I let out a murderous scream. My mouth is covered again. 'Jake.'

"If you scream again, I'll kill your new family." Tears rolling down my cheeks, when I feel Tafu falling. I look behind me. He is kneeling, behind him Lo'ak and Tsireya, Netyam and Ao'nung stands. Glaring at him. "You little brats!" He yells. He was up and about to hit them. I step forward, until we hear.

"What are you doing?" The danger in Jake's voice is deadly. I run to Jake, Kiri, and Tuk. I hug Jake, Jake hugs me back.

"I am sorry Jake. I did not know."

"Know what?"

"He blindfolded me. At first I thought it was you. His touch did not feel like yours, his scent makes me sick. I feel like I betrayed you, I am sorry." My legs collapse. I cry, as I hold his hand. Praying he will forgive me. Jake kneels next to me. His hand on my cheek.

"Shh. I believe you Ali'yah. How are you suppose to know if you're blindfolded? I'll help you to take off his touch later."

"You think they want you for you?" I do not look at Tafu, my eyes are still on Jake's. "These brats only want a mom. The man you are begging to forgive you only wants to mate with you..." I hear him stop speaking. I look behind me to see Neteyam punching him. He does not stop. I run to him. I try to pull him off.

"You know Nothing!" He screams in Tafu's face. "You do not know how Mother Ali'yah changed our lives for the better." Another punch. "Lo'ak is causing less trouble, I am accepted for me, Kiri is free to be herself, Tuk is healing, Father is happy!" He says between punches.

I finally pull him off. "Neteyam!" He looks at me with angry and sad eyes.

"We love you. We accept you. Please, believe me, mom." My eyes widen at the name. He always calls me mother. I smile.

"I believe you, son." I hug him, I feel a hand on my leg. I look down at Tafu. He is bloody. He laughs like what we said is funny. Lo'ak starts kicking him, I hand Neteyam to Ao'nung. I hug Lo'ak. "No! He will..." I stop my words when I hear.

"What is going on?" Tonowari asks. Before Tafu says anything.

"Brother, Tafu attacked me and my family saved me. My sons they are not to blame. I am." My words ring. Tonowari shakes his head.

"Take Tafu away until I speak to Tsahik on what to do with him. Sister, your daughter is up and worries for you." I look back at Jake. I truly see Kiri. I run to her and hug her. She is okay. Tears roll down my cheeks. I feel her arms around me. She is crying. I hold her tighter. I let her cry in my arms. Jake wipes my tears away.

I take my children home, I notice that there is a path being built on the way. I smile because we are going to be part of the villages path. As the children takes a nap I pull Jake with me to start my training. I stop in the forest. "I want to learn more." I say.

"Maybe we should wait." Jake winces.

"No. I am tired of being weak. Please, Jake." My mate nods his head.

"Okay, we do this my way. I don't want to hurt the babies." I smile and throw my arms around his neck. I kiss him, he kisses me back.

"Thank you." I whisper.

1015 words