Chapter 4

Wei Ying opened his eyes. He can see it's still dark outside. When he looks to his left, he sees Lan Zhan sleeping with his head on the bed, arms under his head. He smiles softly, and just as he wants to wake him up, something at the door catches his attention. There stood two people, a man and a woman. A light was shining around them. Wei Ying did not know what to make of it. Then the woman spoke.

" A-Ying." Wei Ying didn't recognize the voice, so he asked.

" Who are you?"

The woman looked at the man before she answered.

" A-Ying ,it's us. Your mama and baba".

The woman answered in a soft voice so as not to scared Wei Ying.

"Mama and Baba. But Mama and Baba are gone. "

Wei Ying answered as tears started to form in his eyes. They can't really be my mama and baba, he thought. The man and woman's eyes also filled with tears seeing their son. They never thought that they would ever be able to see him again, but the gods were good to give them this time with their son before they finally moved on.

" A-Ying, we are so sorry for leaving you. We never meant to."

She said as they moved slowly towards Wei Ying.

"Are you really my mama and baba?"

Wei Ying asked while tears ran down his cheeks.

" Yes. We are my son. It was never our intention to leave you alone in this world. When we went on that night hunt, we didn't know that the thing we were going to fight would be so strong. He overpowered the both of us, and we couldn't do anything. We were drained from our spiritual energy by the time. I'm so sorry, my son. "

Cangse said. She was now sitting on the bed holding Wei Ying as he cried. Changze held them both as tears were running down both him and his wife's faces. After a while, they finally stop crying, and Cangse took Wei Ying's face in her hands and starts kissing it all over. Making Wei Ying giggle, and not long, he started laughing.

"How I missed that laugh."

Cangse said while looking at her husband, who just smiled ever so fondly.

" Cangse, we don't have a lot of time."

Cangze said to his wife. She sighs softly.

"I know." She said.

" What does Baba mean? Aren't you going to stay with A-Ying?".

Wei Ying asked while his eyes once again started to fill with tears while clinging onto his mother. He does not want them to go away again. He wants them to stay with him. And he voice his thoughts and that made his mother and father just looked at him with sadness in their eyes.

" We are sorry, my son, but unfortunately, we can not stay."

His father said. Wei Ying nods his head in understanding.
They saw the boy sleeping next to wei Ying's bed.

" Wei Ying, who is this?" Cangse asked, and  Wei Ying answered.

" Oh, this is Lan Zhan. He stayed with me so that I didn't feel so alone. He played for me on his quqin
also."

" Oh, I see. Is he Lan Qirens nephew?

  She asked, and Wei Ying nodded his
head yes.

"A-Ying, do you trust Mama and Baba?". Wei Ying once again nods his head yes

" Good. I want you to lay back on the bed. Can you do that for me?."

She asked, and Wei Ying shifted slightly and lay down, wondering how Lan Zhan hadn't woke up yet. Maybe he's a heavy sleeper, he thought. Yip, that might be it. Cangse stood up and stood next to him, asking him if his comfortable, to which he said yes.