Chapter 6

Lan Zhan and A-Ying dance around like two butterflies, not knowing how to start expressing their feelings. Xichen and Qiren watch them silently, not wanting to interfere. They have to sort things out for themselves. It's been a year since A-Ying became a part of the Lan Sect when Lan Zhan made his mind up. He is 15 and A-Ying 13. He was having afternoon tea with his uncle, brother, and A-Ying
when Lan Zhan stood up and bowed deeply to his uncle. Lan Qiren raised his eyebrow as Xichen smiled at his brother. A-Ying looks confused.

" Uncle, this one, Lan Zhan, courtesy name Lan Wangji of Gusulan, are asking uncles permission to officially court A-Ying courtesy name Lan Wuxian from Gusulan?."

He stayed in the low bow, waiting nervously for his uncles answer. Lan Qiren took his time because this is not a light matter. Finally, he lifts his eyes and looks at his A-Ying, then his nephew. A-Ying's eyes flickered nervously between the two.

"Wangji, I asked just this of you. Promise me that you will never hurt him. That you will always love, protect, and cherish him. That your eyes will not stray that it will always stay on him. That you will only be his alpha. "

" This one promises uncle that he will always protect and cherish A-Ying. That he will not hurt A-Ying in any way or form and that Wangji's eyes will never stray from that of A-Ying. "

Lan Wangji pledged with the most sincerest voice.

"Then you have my blessing to court A-Ying, but the final answer still lays with A-Ying."

Lan Qiren said with a pleased voice.

Lan Zhan slowly comes up from his bow and turns to look at A-Ying, whose eyes are shining with unshed tears. He once again bowed towards him and asked.

"A-Ying, will you do this one the honor to become my betrothel?."

A-Ying stood up and took Lan Zhan's hands, nudging him to lift his head. He smiles through the tears at Lan Zhan.

" Lan Zhan, I would be honored to be your betrothel.". A-Ying said shyly and all red from blushing. Lan Zhan blew out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He put his hand into his robes and pulled out a white cloth with clouds on, and held it towards A-Ying, who took it. He opened it and gasped softly for inside lay the most beautiful jade comb he had ever seen. It was carved from pure jade with drifting clouds on top. When he looked closer, he saw that something else was carved on it. He brought it closer and saw that it was words. It said. FOREVER YOURS.

A-Ying couldn't help the tears flowing down his cheeks.

"Thank you, Lan Zhan it's beautiful."

He inturn also took out a white cloth and gave it to Lan Zhan, who opened it just to find a beautiful jade pin inside adorned with clouds. On the pin was also some writing which read. ALWAYS AND FOREVER.

He looked at A-Ying with soft eyes before pulling him in for a hug, which was recuperating wholeheartedly.

When they were hugging a little bit too long for Lan Qiren ,he cleaned his throat, and both boys let go of each other. A-Ying cheeks a shade of red, which Lan Zhan's ears match to a tee.

Xichen looked on with a proud smile throughout the whole exchange. Thinking should it be a summer or spring wedding. They should really find out which would be the most auspicious day for the wedding. He can't wait to be an uncle. He is probably way ahead, but really, one could never be prepared for such things.

Lan Qiren waits until the two boys sit down before he speaks again.

"Lan Zhan and A-Ying, first congratulations ,but as of tomorrow, you will be assigned a chaperone who will shadow you wherever you go."