Jafar

Jafar is one of the main characters of the Disney Channel Original Movie, Descendants. He is one of the villains and he is also the father of Jay. He is a secondary antagonist in Descendants, but he is the main antagonist Disney's 1992 animated feature film, Aladdin.

Jafar is portrayed by Maz Jobrani.

Descendants

While at first being reluctant he sent Jay with the other children to steal Fairy Godmother's wand when Prince Ben announced that he wants to help children of villains for redemption in order for he and the others to claim their revenge on the heroes who imprisoned them in the first place.

By the end of the movie after Maleficent's plan fails Jafar looks on with a stunned facial expression to the ongoing celebration in Auradon silently acknowledging and accepting his own defeat alongside Evil Queen and Cruella.

Descendants

20 years after being imprisoned on the Isle of the Lost, Jafar has taken to making a living as a shopkeeper. Jafar has Jay steal from the other residents to keep the store stocked. When Jafar notices that one of the stolen objects is a lamp Jay had brought him, he eagerly and excitedly tries to rub it; hoping for it to be a magic one in which he can supposedly get three wishes from a genie again but when his son tells him that he already tried that himself and it didn't work, he throws it away in anger. He, along with his friends, the Evil Queen, Cruella, and Maleficent have statues fabricated in the Museum of Cultural History in Auradon. Later, when talking to their kids through video chat, Jafar laughed at Cruella for getting "burned"/dissed by her son, Carlos. This mockery later led all four villains to squabble in embarrassment in front of their kids.

Wicked World

In season 2 of Descendants Wicked World a hypnotized Mal stole his staff from the Auradon museum and gave it to Zevon the latter of which used in order to set his plans into motion. However, these plans were foiled and the staff was returned to the museum

Personality

Jafar was portrayed as an amoral psychopath who will not hesitate to destroy anyone he perceives as a threat to his own sinister designs. Like numerous clinically-diagnosed psychopaths, Jafar wears a metaphorical mask of normalcy throughout the film, establishing himself as a cool-headed schemer and gaining the trust of those around him, despite his rather untrustworthy physical appearance. Even with this mask, Jafar's psychopathic tendencies tend to seep through and become apparent to the viewer, particularly in the opening sequence, where Jafar, outside of immediate initial anger over Gazeem the thief not being the one who is the Diamond in the Rough, displays no remorse in sending Gazeem to his death in the Cave of Wonders, simply proclaiming that, "Gazeem was obviously less than worthy" in a rather dry tone of voice. It is not until Jafar gains control of the Genie's lamp that he fully shows his true colors, becoming arrogant, tyrannical, and short-tempered with his subjects. He also was depicted as laughing excessively and in a deranged manner shortly after banishing Aladdin to the North Pole, suggesting that Jafar was also insane and suffered from hysteria.