Harry Hook

Harry Hook is the secondary antagonist in Descendants 2 and the tertiary antagonist turned supporting character/anti-hero in Descendants 3. He's the second and only son of Captain Hook. A member of Uma's pirate gang, Harry serves as her right-hand man and is always ready to hook someone.

Harry is portrayed by Thomas Doherty.

Personality

Harry is prideful, sneaky and always ready to hook someone, especially Ben. He prides himself on being wild and unpredictable, off-kilter and a little mad. His only disappointment is the fact that he has to carry a hook with his hands rather than possessing one instead of a hand. On his first appearance, it was clear that, unlike Uma, Harry is comfortable with the fact that Mal and her gang left the Isle for a better life in Auradon; for it left Uma and her crew in a position of power over the Isle's degenerate domain, a position that used to belong to Mal's own gang. This shows a rather low opinion to the outside world on Harry's part. Although in spite of that and everything Harry is noticeably very much in love with Uma as seen in Descendants 3 in the final scene where he tries to kiss her before she rejects him and leaves.

Physical Appearance

Harry is a light-skinned brawny guy with dark brown hair. His primary outfit in Descendants 2 is a white ripped tank top, a red leather coat or a red sleeveless leather one, black pants with red ripped details with zippers and dark brown boots. His accessories consist of a black pirate hat with dark golden details, pale feathers and the pirate crew's symbolic pin, a blue headband, a black band, black fingerless gloves, a golden skull ring, red, black and white bracelets, a red sash, a black skull belt, a black belt with rings, a pocket watch, a sheath for his sword and a fake hook. Plus he sometimes has shadows around his eyes that make him look attractive. In Descendants 3, Harry wore a black sleeveless jacket with a red interior, black torn jeans with red, green, and white plaid on the inside, black fingerless gloves with red accents, but still wears his dark brown boots. He still wears his white tank-top shirt. The back of his jacket has a silver hook embroidered on. At the end of the movie you see him only dressed in a rusty red vest with no makeup on his eyes and only his father's hook still wearing his typical black boots.

Powers & Abilities

Harry does not possess any special supernatural powers, but he does possess a number of skills, related to navigation and piracy.

Fencing:Being born as a pirate, Harry is skilled in swordsmanship and was able to keep up in a sword fight against Jay, only conceding to defeat after the latter took the pirate's hook and leveraged it against Harry.

Sailor: Harry has shown to have a good knowledge of navigation, more than the owner of the ship, who is Uma.

The VKs go outside, seeing Harry Hook, Gil and two other members of Uma's pirate crew have stolen their motorcycles; Carlos and Jay are annoyed with themselves for not locking up their bikes, due growing relaxed in Auradon. Harry's group takes off, with Jay, Carlos ,and Evie giving chase.

Unseen by them, Harry and Gil wait until the last minute and plunge through the closing hole in the barrier. Both celebrate their escape, stating they wish to go to Auradon for visit. A scuffle ensues, causing Mal to lose grip on the ember as it fails towards the ocean. However, the ember is caught by one of Uma's tentacles; she returns to human form, reuniting with her loyal pirates. After telling Harry and Gil about how much better it is outside, Uma is updated on Audrey's attack. Uma offers the assistance of her crew and the return of the ember so long as Mal uses her authority as queen to allow any VKs who wish to live in Auradon to leave the island. Mal is hesitant to do so, but relents.

Harry attempts to swipe some cash, as "payment" for his help, only to be threatened by Jay.

Harry notices a suit of armor looking at them; he stops their arguing just as pink smoke animates all the suits of armor.

Harry and Gil to take Dude to look for Ben, while she, Uma, Evie and Celia look in Audrey's room for clues.

Harry laughs at Jay for playing a children's game. However, Harry does concede that the idea of eating fruit from the wild is nice.

Harry informs Carlos that Dude resumed tracking Ben's scent. This leads them to Ben, who was transformed into a beast by Audrey. Seeing Ben with a splinter in his hand, Carlos calms him long enough to get the splinter out. The following moment, Ben is sprayed by water, which comes from a squirtwand used by Jane. Carlos happily reunites with Jane, while Jay helps a tired and confused Ben sit down. Seeing Ben still has facial hair and fangs, Jane blasts him again with the squirtwand, only for no results; she notes that the Enchanted Lake water can only do so much on its own. Ben is surprised to see Harry and Gil, only to be repeatedly told that he will be told the details on the way back to the VK's house.

Uma and Harry leave to find Gil and return to the island, leaving Mal to try to explain things to her friends which doesn't prove to work

Mal is told by Harry that Uma has made up her mind to return the island and abandon Auradon to Audrey's wrath. As they leave again.

Hearing the commotion, Uma and Harry return.

Uma, Harry and Celia ask for a ride back to the island (along with picking up Gil), as they are needed there for the rest of the VKs.

The children of the isle, lead by Uma, Harry, Gil and Celia march on the bridge to Auradon, with a dragon puppet in honor of Mal.

Harry asks if any of the other girls are taken and tried to kiss Uma, but she angrily walks away, while Audrey walks by and smiles at him taking his hand as he twirls hee, she pulls him away to dance.