Harry Hook

Harry Hook is the secondary antagonist in Descendants 2 and the tertiary antagonist turned supporting character/anti-hero in Descendants 3. He's the second and only son of Captain Hook. A member of Uma's pirate gang, Harry serves as her right-hand man and is always ready to hook someone.

Harry is portrayed by Thomas Doherty.

Personality

Harry is prideful, sneaky and always ready to hook someone, especially Ben. He prides himself on being wild and unpredictable, off-kilter and a little mad. His only disappointment is the fact that he has to carry a hook with his hands rather than possessing one instead of a hand. On his first appearance, it was clear that, unlike Uma, Harry is comfortable with the fact that Mal and her gang left the Isle for a better life in Auradon; for it left Uma and her crew in a position of power over the Isle's degenerate domain, a position that used to belong to Mal's own gang. This shows a rather low opinion to the outside world on Harry's part. Although in spite of that and everything Harry is noticeably very much in love with Uma as seen in Descendants 3 in the final scene where he tries to kiss her before she rejects him and leaves.

Physical Appearance

Harry is a light-skinned brawny guy with dark brown hair. His primary outfit in Descendants 2 is a white ripped tank top, a red leather coat or a red sleeveless leather one, black pants with red ripped details with zippers and dark brown boots. His accessories consist of a black pirate hat with dark golden details, pale feathers and the pirate crew's symbolic pin, a blue headband, a black band, black fingerless gloves, a golden skull ring, red, black and white bracelets, a red sash, a black skull belt, a black belt with rings, a pocket watch, a sheath for his sword and a fake hook. Plus he sometimes has shadows around his eyes that make him look attractive. In Descendants 3, Harry wore a black sleeveless jacket with a red interior, black torn jeans with red, green, and white plaid on the inside, black fingerless gloves with red accents, but still wears his dark brown boots. He still wears his white tank-top shirt. The back of his jacket has a silver hook embroidered on. At the end of the movie you see him only dressed in a rusty red vest with no makeup on his eyes and only his father's hook still wearing his typical black boots.

Powers & Abilities

Harry does not possess any special supernatural powers, but he does possess a number of skills, related to navigation and piracy.

Fencing: Being born as a pirate, Harry is skilled in swordsmanship and was able to keep up in a sword fight against Jay, only conceding to defeat after the latter took the pirate's hook and leveraged it against Harry.

Sailor: Harry has shown to have a good knowledge of navigation, more than the owner of the ship, who is Uma.

Descendants 2

In Descendants 2, Harry first appeared walking through the market and to Ursula's Fish and Chips, where the rest of the Lost Revenge's Crew were. When he arrived, he turned on the TV, which it was the news reporting the luxurious life of Mal in Auradon. Jealous, Uma threw food at the screen and ordered the rest of the crew to do the same. Later, Uma and the crew sing and dance "What's My Name".