Uma

Uma is the secondary antagonist turned anti-deuteragonist in Descendants 3. She used to work in Fish and Chips Shoppe, is the daughter of Ursula, Mal's former archenemy and the Captain of her crew of pirates.

Uma is portrayed by China Anne McClain.

Despite the opinion of Mal and Uma's other enemies, Ben believes that Uma is just "an angry girl with a bad plan" who wishes to be heard, and "not so different from Mal."

Physical Appearance

Uma is a beautiful, average height, brown-skinned girl with thick, long turquoise hair put into braided dreadlocks. Her makeup is lightly made, with an exception to her turquoise colored eye-shadow. She wears a turquoise leather jacket that is slightly military looking to represent her leadership and strength as a captain (sometimes is seen wearing the jacket with a dark brown sash). Uma sports a dark purple mesh shirt with a turquoise bodice under her military jacket as well. She also wears two belts along with a turquoise and brown fringed skirt, (sometimes is seen wearing the skirt with aqua colored leggings) and brown distressed boots. She also wears finger less, leather black gloves and a sheath to hold her sword. Her pirate hat, leather jacket, and shoes are all distressed. They all are adorned with different types of sea trinkets like shiny little crabs, oyster shells, starfishes, seashells, octopuses, feathers, nets, and little skulls. She is seen sporting various accessories like her scallywag swag earrings, turquoise, and white bead bracelets, her mother Ursula's golden seashell necklace, her pirate crews symbolic pin, and a golden ring.

Descendants 3

Uma poses a threat to Auradon as Mal and Ben prepare for VK Day. She doesn't make an appearance until the VKs and Celia are confronted by Harry and Gil after leaving the Isle, and Harry causes Mal to drop the ember into the sea. Uma appears as a giant cecaelia and catches the ember with one of her tentacles, snidely asking Mal if she dropped it. She then proceeds to transform into a human and appears on the broken bridge, ember in hand. She explains how she was searching for a hole in the barrier to liberate all the Isle's inhabitants, and telling her crew how good Auradon has it. Uma finds it humorous that an AK poses as a threat and uses the ember to bargain with Mal: she helps them in exchange for releasing all the villain kids. Mal agrees, but we as the audience knows she is lying. However, no one else, not even Evie, Jay, and Carlos know this. Uma keeps the ember to ensure Mal's cooperation, much to the latter's anger. When Evie suggests they try to get along, Uma and her team are incredulous to the request.

The VKs and Uma's team arrive in Auradon to find everyone either asleep or turned to stone. Harry and Jay get into a scuffle and Uma and Mal are forced to put a stop to it. Uma suggests they check the school to look for Audrey and Celia goes with them, but Mal says they should go to the castle. Mal and Uma get into yet another argument over authority until Evie puts a stop to it.

They start looking for Ben in the castle and Uma notices claw marks and the destruction of a painting, arousing fear. The group enter a gallery where Uma asks Mal whether the latter was nervous about Uma being on the loose. Mal fires back by wondering aloud how fried octopus tastes, and Evie has to stop the bickering. When Uma and Mal start disagreeing over where to look for Audrey, Harry alerts them that Audrey has enchanted the knights. Then they are forced to battle on the same side (Night Falls).

After defeating the knights Mal and Uma go to their respective groups to celebrate their victory, and Evie once again tries to get them to get along. The latter attempts an icebreaker to which Uma scoffs at. Mal gives them the plan, to which Uma points out was her original idea.

Uma and Celia go to Audrey's dorm to search for anything regarding the latter's whereabouts. Uma finds Audrey's diary and comments about how Mal really did ruin Audrey's life. Mal responds sarcastically with, "Did you find anything we don't already know?" Uma tells Mal and Evie that Audrey likes to hang out at Fairy Cottage, making a comment about the irony of the situation because of Sleeping beauty and Maleficent. She then wonders how anyone who had a bed like Audrey's could be unhappy.

Mal, Evie, Uma and Celia go to Evie's Cottage where they find Dizzy, Squirmy, Squeaky, and Doug sound asleep. Uma tells Evie to wake up Doug with a true love's kiss. (One Kiss). Later, Uma and Celia are eating Jane's birthday cake when Mal commends Uma on her idea to check the dorms. Uma asks her if she failed to find an insult in the statement, to which Mal declines. Mal then "apologizes" for the Shrimpy incident and for making fun of her ("I might have missed the boat a bit"), and Uma states they could've run the Isle together. However, their talk is cut short when Audrey magically traps them all inside the house. Uma and Mal combine their magic together to break the spell. Uma then jokes how her necklace likes Mal before Celia alerts them that the boys have arrived.

Uma embraces Gil and Harry, and Ben tells her that he knew she'd be part of the "solution". The group then comes up with a plan to find Audrey and Fairy Godmother. Uma and Harry go with Ben, Celia, Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos to Fairy Cottage, but all they find is a terrorized Chad Charming. Uma then asks Mal if they could finally put their differences aside, but Mal tells the group that she lied and no more villain kids would leave the Isle. Uma is very hurt at the deception and states trusting Mal was a mistake. She watches as Celia confronts Mal in tears, who takes the ember from Mal and tosses it into water out of anger, neutralizing its powers. She and Harry leave the group.

Mal catches up with her later and pleads for Uma to help, but Uma, still upset, tells her to fix the problem she created and proceeds to leave. However, Uma and Harry come back upon witnessing Mal in her dragon state, who had summoned it upon realizing Audrey was holding Celia captive. Uma decides to help Mal save Celia. Uma uses her necklace and the powers of both her and Mal power up the ember once more. When Mal defeats Audrey, Uma and Harry celebrate in triumph.

With Audrey on the verge of death, Mal proposes that Hades wake her up and he'd do it for the former since he was her father. Uma says that she will return to the Isle before the barrier closes, stating that it's her home and she needs to be there to protect it. Harry replies, "You'll need your first mate with you." Celia also asks if she can go with them, and Uma is proud of this. Before they leave, Mal tells Uma that they would have made good friends.

During Mal and Ben's engagement party, they permanently lift up the barrier separating Auradon from the Isle. Uma exclaims proudly that this was her plan before joyfully breaking into song. (Break This Down). The VKs are courteously welcomed into Auradon by the AKs and they celebrate this.

Powers

Spell Casting: Uma possesses the power to change and control events through the use of incantations and recitations. She places Ben under a love spell using Mal's spell book, and casts occasional spells in Descendants 3.