Jay

Jay is the tetartagonist in the Descendants franchise. He is the son of Jafar.

Jay is portrayed by Booboo Stewart.

He is handsome, punkish, and mischievous. Being athletic, Jay provides the "brawn" when he and his friends are invited to Auradon Prep. He is a thief, a con man, a handsome, quick-witted boy with charm to spare, whose lies are as beautiful and silvery as his eyes.

He has a penchant for stealing things, which kept him busy at home on the Isle of the Lost. In Auradon, he puts his athleticism to good use as a star player on the tourney team. Through tourney, he is exposed to teamwork for the first time and helps the other villain kids understand its value in executing their plan.

Personality

Jay is a sneaky, confident, and handsome guy. Jay was raised to believe that he must get everything and to forget others as well. He's vengeful like Mal and he's athletic. As the son of Jafar, Jay wants to gain his father's respect by stealing the "big prize". He was Carlos' best friend. He isn't fond with how friendship works. Jay has always charm his way to get what he wants back on the Isle. Like the others, Jay was never shown affection by his parent so, when he tries out for the tourney team and makes it, he gets a chance to see what's it like to be a part of something as special. He's shown to have kleptomaniac tendencies, as he often steals objects on the fly. He can also be a flirt, having flirted with several girls in the film including Lonnie and Audrey. 

Descendants 3

He first appears on the isle of the lost with Mal, Evie, and Carlos to bring more Villain Kids to Auradon.

VK Day has arrived, with Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos returning to the Isle of the Lost to choose a new quartet of kids to attend Auradon Prep the next semester. The Isle has also been adorned with posters of the original VKs to inspire the good and hope in the children, along with roads and alleys renamed after them as well to honor their success. Leading the children of the island in the song "Good to Be Bad", the original VKs lead the crowd of kids and their guardians to a gathering for the announcement. Evie, Carlos, Jay, and Mal choose Dizzy Tremaine, Squeaky and Squirmy Smee, and Celia Facilier as the kids to go. They inform them that they will be back in one week for them, telling them playfully to only pack things belonging to them.

A happy Ben talks to Jay, Carlos, and his father about how he's now engaged.Mal, Ben, Evie, and Carlos board a purple limo, which has Mal's name on the license plate; the driver steps out and gives the keys to Jay, who promptly drives the five of them to the Isle of the Lost to collect the kids.

Carlos and Jay help pack Squeaky and Squirmy's bags in the trunk, with the boys saying goodbye to their father.

As the limo drives off, Jay notices one of the Smee twins is holding onto his arm with a firm grip; he asks if the boy plays sports. Evie spots this and tells Jay to stop the limo. Ben, Jay and Carlos attempt to push Hades back in, only for them to stunned by blasts from Hades' ember. The VKs rush outside as Audrey vanishes. Jay suggests Mal uses a spell to reverse what Audrey did, but Mal tells him only Hades' ember is powerful enough to undo the scepter's magic.

The VKs go outside, seeing Harry Hook, Gil and two other members of Uma's pirate crew have stolen their motorcycles; Carlos and Jay are annoyed with themselves for not locking up their bikes, Harry's group takes off, with Jay, Carlos ,and Evie giving chase.

Back in the isle, Mal and Celia reunite with Carlos, Evie and Jay, who failed to reclaim their bikes. At the barrier, Jay opens it to let them through, and Mal has got the hair purple with purple dark streaks and appears to be blue. Gil helps himself to some fruit from a bowl nearby; Jay tries to stop him, until Uma reminds him there's no fresh fruit on the island. Harry attempts to swipe some cash, as "payment" for his help, only to be threatened by Jay.

Mal asks Jay, Carlos, Harry and Gil to take Dude to look for Ben, while she, Uma, Evie and Celia look in Audrey's room for clues.

In the woods, Gil becomes fascinated by how fruit grows on plants in the wild; he tries the icebreaker, telling Jay how impressed he is with his athletic abilities. Jay returns the compliment by telling Gil that he's amazed by how simple things impress Gil. Gil guesses Jay has seen everything in Auradon and has even eaten a lunch of fruit straight off a bush. Jay tells him that he hasn't, as tourney takes up all his time; Harry laughs at Jay for playing a children's game.

Carlos happily reunites with Jane, while Jay helps a tired and confused Ben sit down. The boys arrive at the house, with Ben and Mal happily reunited.

At that moment, Audrey turns Ben, Carlos, Jay, Evie and Dude to stone, leaving an upset Mal to reflect. Jay decides to take a gap year and explore Auradon with Gil, who suggests they visit jungles and icebergs. After the celebration, Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos return to the bridge, wondering if their parents on the island miss them. Deciding to go for it, the four of them race to the bridge.

Descendants: The Royal Wedding

Jay gives a Mal a charm bracelet with charms representing each of the four VK's as a gift Mal says "I wish Carlos could've been here" and Jay and their friends replying "we all do".

In Wicked World flirting with CJ.

In addition, he seems to retain his tough confrontational attitude and will get into fights with those who anger him, such as with Carlos in episode 10 of Wicked World.