Chad Charming

Prince Chad Charming is one of the two secondary antagonists in Descendants and later, the supporting protagonist in Descendants 2 and Descendants 3. He is the son of Cinderella and Prince Charming and is a student at Auradon Prep. He has an arrogant attitude and he, along with Audrey, dislikes the children of the Isle of the Lost.

Chad is portrayed by Jedidiah Goodacre.

Personality

From what we see on School of Secrets, he seems to be a player and is also a "Jock".

He can be considered underhanded and close-minded as seen in the movie. This is seen when he tricks Evie and gets her mirror confiscated for cheating and when he antagonizes the villain kids during Family Day. He is an arrogant jerk and a bully. He may have been raised by his good parents, but in the school, he is a bigger villain than Evie, Mal, Jay, and Carlos. Though Evie is portrayed to be a big flirt and a heart-breaker, Chad is shown to be even more so.

As he revealed his true nature when taunting Mal and the other villain kids, it is seen he was manipulating Evie by making her do his homework for him. He also manipulated other girls before Evie came to Auradon. He also proves to be a coward, when Maleficent appears in the climax, as he has thrown Audrey aside with her arm out in front of him and rushes towards Doug hugging him tightly. When the Villain Kids first came to Auradon, he follows the belief of "Once a villain, always a villain", to the point of wanting to frame them and get rid of them.

He is shown by the magic mirror to be the biggest jerk in the land, however, he is nowhere near as dangerous as Maleficent.

Descendants

He's an all-star player on the school's tourney team (the prep school's choice sport), and uses his charm and good looks to try and get what he wants. Despite being labeled as a "hero," he is spoiled and a jerk, evidenced by him manipulating Evie's crush on him and getting her to do his homework. He also begins dating Princess Audrey after Prince Ben declares his love for Mal publicly. At the Family Day celebration, after Queen Leah (Audrey's grandmother) blames Mal for her mother's actions purely based on the resemblance, Chad seizes the opportunity to belittle Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos. Evie then uses the magic mirror to expose him as the biggest jerk in the land. Angry, he drops Evie's mirror, but an enraged Jay grabs him allowing Evie to spray him with a sleeping potion and he collapses. When he wakes up, he gives Ben an angry stare. Notably after the villain kids were ignored after the incident, he persuaded Doug to also ignore the villain kids.

During the coronation, Chad's true nature is revealed when Maleficent, now freed from the Isle of the Lost barrier (unintentionally by Jane), crashes and interrupts the coronation, intent on claiming the wand and bending all of good and evil to her will. He is shown to be terrified of Mal's mother and her incredible power, cowardly throwing Audrey away from him and trying to hug Doug. Maleficent freezes everyone except for the villain kids, including Chad in his ridiculous position.

At the end of the film, Maleficent is turned into a small lizard, saving Auradon, and Chad is shown to be dancing with Lonnie during the closing number, and he can also be seen hugging Doug.