Gil Legume

Gilbert "Gil" Legume is the tertiary antagonist of Descendants 2 and the quaternary antagonist turned supporting character/anti-hero of Descendants 3. He is the third younger son of Gaston and younger brother of Gaston Jr and Gaston the third. A devoted member of Uma's pirate gang, Gil is thickheaded and does his best to keep up with Uma and Harry.

Gil is portrayed by Dylan Playfair.

Personality

Gil is a thick-headed, happy-go-lucky guy who is brawny and acts before thinking just like his dad, but this is their only similarity. He has a concern for the well-being of others and is very loyal to his friends. Gil is a devoted member of Uma's pirate crew.

Physical Appearance

Gil is a handsome, tan-skinned muscular young man with blonde hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes. His primary outfit is a torn burnt orange tank top, an orange sleeveless leather jacket, ripped blue jeans with brown details, and brown boots. His accessories consists of a yellow bandana, brown and black bands, a bronze bull necklace, a brown bull belt, yellow fingerless gloves, golden skull rings, bronze, black and gold bracelets, and a sheath for his sword. Gil is sometimes shown with black and orange markings painted onto his face.

Descendants 3

The VKs go outside, seeing Harry Hook, Gil and two other members of Uma's pirate crew have stolen their motorcycles; Carlos and Jay are annoyed with themselves for not locking up their bikes. Harry's group takes off, with Jay, Carlos ,and Evie giving chase.

Back in the isle, Mal and Celia reunite with Carlos, Evie and Jay, who failed to reclaim their bikes. At the barrier, Jay opens it to let them through, and Mal has got the hair purple with purple dark streaks and appears to be blue. Unseen by them, Harry and Gil wait until the last minute and plunge through the closing hole in the barrier. Both celebrate their escape, stating they wish to go to Auradon for visit. A scuffle ensues, causing Mal to lose grip on the ember as it fails towards the ocean. However, the ember is caught by one of Uma's tentacles; she returns to human form, reuniting with her loyal pirates. After telling Harry and Gil about how much better it is outside, Uma is updated on Audrey's attack. Uma offers the assistance of her crew and the return of the ember so long as Mal uses her authority as queen to allow any VKs who wish to live in Auradon to leave the island. Mal is hesitant to do so, but relents; Evie backs up her word. Evie attempts to diffuse the tension by sharing gum, but no-one is interested.

They arrive on the lawn of Auradon Prep, with Celia awestruck. Seeing everyone is asleep, Gil helps himself to some fruit from a bowl nearby; Jay tries to stop him, until Uma reminds him there's no fresh fruit on the island.

Gil likes Dude, remembering the closest thing he had to a pet was the elk head in his dad's "man cave". Dude leads them to a room full of suits of armor; Gil wonders if Dude's puppies would be able to talk as well, but is told by Carlos to adopt a rescue if he wants a pet.

Harry and Gil quickly crack up at the idea of summer school, something even the Isle doesn't have. Mal asks Jay, Carlos, Harry and Gil to take Dude to look for Ben, while she, Uma, Evie and Celia look in Audrey's room for clues.

In the woods, Gil becomes fascinated by how fruit grows on plants in the wild; he tries the icebreaker, telling Jay how impressed he is with his athletic abilities. Jay returns the compliment by telling Gil that he's amazed by how simple things impress Gil. Gil guesses Jay has seen everything in Auradon and has even eaten a lunch of fruit straight off a bush. Jay tells him that he hasn't, as tourney takes up all his time; Harry laughs at Jay for playing a children's game.

Ben is surprised to see Harry and Gil, only to be repeatedly told that he will be told the details on the way back to the VK's house.

The boys arrive at the house, with Ben and Mal happily reunited. Seeing Uma, Ben tells her that he knew she could be part of the solution; Uma silently acknowledges Ben had been right back when they met. Carlos uses the chance to give Jane a necklace that has a combined version of their names on it. Jane becomes worried about her mother's lack of action to undo the spells. Doug and Gil offer to come with Jane to keep her safe, while Ben reveals he knows the location of fairy cottage. Jane arrives at the museum with Doug and Gil, finding her mother turned to stone. Unable to use the wand herself (lest risk another disaster like poking a hole in the barrier again), Jane sits nearby with Doug and Gil to keep her mother safe.

Uma, Harry and Celia ask for a ride back to the island (along with picking up Gil), as they are needed there for the rest of the VKs.

The children of the isle, lead by Uma, Harry, Gil and Celia march on the bridge to Auradon, with a dragon puppet in honor of Mal. ("Break This Down") Lady Tremaine, Dr. Facilier and Mr. Smee also arrive in Auradon, happily welcomed by Dizzy, Celia, Squeaky and Squirmy. Harry asks if any of the other girls are taken and tried to kiss Uma, but she angrily walks away. Jay decides to take a gap year and explore Auradon with Gil, who suggests they visit jungles and icebergs.