*Chapter 5*

Our next stop was a common room sort of place. It seemed like a teenager's basement, complete with a huge flat-screen TV, an X-box, X-box Kinect, a Wii, a bunch of couches, chairs, beanbag chairs, a fuse ball table, and pretty much anything else you could ever ask for. I'd only seen most of those things at camp, since they weren't around when I was a kid, but it looked awesome.

There were a few people already sitting in there and joking around. A boy was lying on the couch, with a girl sitting on his feet. Another girl was sitting on a bean bag chair in between the couch and a small table in front of it. And finally there was another guy lounging on the other couch that was across the room, facing the door.

They all looked up and smiled when Chaos cleared his throat.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet Alpha," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "She'll be second-in-command of this army, once it actually becomes an army."

"You mean once we all stop being super lazy, and actually do something?" the girl on the bean bag asked.

Chaos nodded, "Pretty much."

"Okay, cool," she said, turning her attention back to her iPod Touch. Chaos smiled, and patted my back.

"I think you'll get along just fine here, Alpha," he said, before walking out and closing the door behind him.

"Um, hi..." I said awkwardly.

"Hi!" the girl on the couch said enthusiastically. "I'm Dawn!"

I smiled back, "Nice to meet you."

"I'm Lune," the girl on the bean bag chair said, looking up. She looked like one of the girls in an American Girl Magazine I'd seen at camp. She had wavy blonde hair, soft blue eyes, and was wearing a white beanie on her head. 

"I'm Hunter," the guy Dawn was sitting on said with a wave.

"And I'm Danny!" the guy on the other couch shouted.

"Nice to meet you all," I said, awkwardly standing in front of the door. I clasped my hands together in front of me and rocked back and forth on my feet. I wondered what I looked like to them. I'd pulled my hair into a ponytail, put blue colour contacts in my eyes, and put a white mask on before coming on. I didn't look anything like I did when I'd first come back to life, and I wasn't sure if it turned okay.

"Well are you just gonna stand there?" Danny asked. "Come in!" I slowly walked forward, not knowing where to sit. I eventually opted on sitting on the floor, by Danny's couch, beside the table.

"So, second-in-command, huh?" Hunter asked, twisting his head, trying to see me.

"Yeah," I said, tracing circles on the floor with my finger. "Not exactly my first choice, but whatever."

They all stared at me, almost looking disgusted. 

"What?" I asked.

"Not you first choice?" Lune asked. "What, you would rather be the leader? You can't be happy with what Chaos has already granted you?"

"What? No, that's not what I meant! I just meant, I'm not really cut out to be a leader."

"Most people would die for the chance to be in charge," Hunter said.

I shrugged, "Not me."

"Yet you chose the name Alpha," Danny said, a hint of a smile on his face. I shrugged again.

"I just like it. It... I don't know. It makes me feel strong," I said, not knowing how to explain my choice. Danny was watching me with an unreadable expression. I looked down, embarrassed, "It's stupid, I know."