*Chapter 9*

"Hey you want to come play Mario karts with us?" Dawn asked from my open doorway, a couple hours later.

"Sure," I forced out in a whisper, not looking away from the mirror. I wished I could silence the thoughts in my mind, telling me that something was wrong, that something big was going to happen soon.

"You okay?" Dawn asked. I didn't answer. "Alpha?" She asked walking closer. I finally broke my gaze and looked at her concerned face.

"I'm fine," I said, forcing a smile. "Just lost in my thoughts, I guess."

Dawn nodded in understanding, but still looked worried.

"Honestly Dawn," I insisted. "I'm fine. I'll meet you down in the Common Room in a few minutes, okay?"

"Alright," she said, walking out and closing the door softly behind her. I waited until I heard it click shut before standing up, and looking in the mirror. This time to see my reflection, rather than to watch over someone else. I didn't like what I saw.

My mask covered my face, and my hair didn't look like it was my own. The light brown colour just didn't look right, but at the same time, I didn't want to change it back. Then in a spur of the moment, I yanked the hair elastic out of my hair and ripped my mask off my face, needing to see what I really looked like. I shook out my hair, and let it fall around my face. It was too light, it was too straight, it wasn't me.

When I came to this world, thousands of years ago, I didn't want to be Bianca anymore. I wanted to be Alpha, strong and independent, able to fight for herself. But I couldn't hide behind that façade forever. Alpha wasn't truly me. I was Bianca di Angelo, daughter of Maria di Angelo and Hades, brother of Nico. I was Italian, I was an older sister, and I was a Hunter of Artemis. When did that change?

I sighed, throwing my hair back into a ponytail, and hesitantly putting the white mask back on my face.

I guess it was time to pretend again.

***

"What colour remote do you want?" Was the first thing Lune asked when I walked through the door.

"I don't care," I replied. I don't know why she bothered asking- I say the same thing every time. I sat down in my usual spot, on the floor beside Danny's couch. Hunter handed me the white remote, and I muttered a quiet "thank you." We got to the screen where we had to choose our characters. I looked through them, trying to decide which one to pick.

"Why don't you take Princess Peach?" Dawn suggested. She had already chosen her character- Princess Daisy. I scrolled up the screen to choose Princess Peach, but when my controller was on that square I froze. All I saw was the blond hair that looked so much like Annabeth. I saw the scene in my mind again, the floor opening and Annabeth falling through, probably never to be seen again.

"What's the matter?" Lune asked, looking over at the screen in shock.

"Alpha?" Danny asked, shaking my shoulder. Nothing got a reaction out of me. I didn't know why her death was affecting me so much. I had never met the girl, I'd only heard about her through other people, and seen her through the mirror. I cared more about her death than I really did about Zoë's. There must have been something I didn't know about going on.

"I need to go," I said dropping my remote on the floor, and sprinting out of the room. I heard the others yelling after me. I ran past other people in the army, barely even acknowledging their presences. A couple people asked if I was okay, but I didn't stop to chat. I had to talk to Chaos.

I ran to his office, hoping with all my might that he'd be there. I opened the door, with was thankfully unlocked, and skidded to a halt just inside the room.

"Alpha," Chaos said in surprise.

"I need to talk to you."

"Take a seat."

I sat down and explained what I'd seen, and how it was affecting me. I explained how it felt like her death was going to cause something big to happen, and that I was nervous to see what that was.

"What does it mean, Chaos? What's going on?"

"I believe that the Fates may be working in our favour at the moment."

"In our favour? A girl just died!"

"And I deeply sorry of those unfortunate circumstances. But the reaction her death will bring... I'm afraid that Perseus may have some trouble coming at camp. I'm not sure he'll want to stay there."

"Then where will he go?"

Chaos sighed, "I'm not positive he'll take my offer. But I'm at least going to try to get him to come join the army. And possibly give him a high ranking."

"So back when you said you had an idea of who the commander would be..."

"I was talking about Percy."

"Do you think he'll recognize me?" I asked, half hoping Chaos would say yes. "Do you think he'll know it's me- see through my disguise?"

"No Alpha. He won't know it's you. He won't know that he's already met you," Chaos said, trying to reassure me. If only he knew what I really wanted- someone that would remember the sacrifice I made for them, someone that would recognize me through any disguise.

It's a shame that was just wishful thinking.

***

I totally did not finish this chapter a week ago, and forgot to post it... would I do that? 

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I don't like it very much, but I don't like most of my chapters, so what do I know? 

Well that's all for now. 

Hope you have an amazing day/evening/night,

- Watnie247