*Chapter 21*

The next few days went by in a blur. They were filled with training, a random rainy day, Omega trying to convince me everything was fine and a talk about soulmates with Forgotten. They were very eventful days but I hardly remember them.

I believe it was the fifth day we were there when it happened. It seemed like a perfectly normal day to me. I was just talking with Dawn and some other people in the forest when I heard the shout. I turned around and saw a shape lunging toward me and then... it's blank. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in my room back in Chaos' World with no recollection of the past couple days.

According to Chaos, Omega brought me there because of whatever happened in the forest that day. He said Omega stayed by my side, waiting for me to wake up for real. My heart couldn't help but flutter at the thought that he cared so much for me.

A lot happened when we got back to camp. A man got in, killed a girl and then killed himself. Before he died though, he gave a message to Omega.

"Surrender yourself Omega. Or we will kill every single person in this camp."

That of course made the campers hate us even more than they already did. But then, there wasn't anything we could do about that. And really, in the end, who cared what the campers thought?

***

Nico was everywhere. Like to the point that it was weird and seemed slightly stalker-ish.

After I died, all I wanted to do was see Nico again. I wanted to say goodbye, tell him I was sorry for leaving him, that I still loved him even if I joined the Hunters of Artemis. Now I had the chance to do that, but I was too scared. I wasn't willing to do it.

Although I had to admit, it didn't seem like he really needed me anymore. He had found someone else.

I watched from a distance at the Apollo Cabin where Nico was talking to a blonde boy. I recognized the boy but I couldn't think of his name. I remembered seeing him briefly in a couple memories. I had never seen him with Nico though, so I assumed this was a more recent friendship.

After a couple seconds, I turned away from them. I was happy that he had found a friend (or a significant other...), but I couldn't just stand there and watch them forever, even if the big-sister instincts in me said not to trust the boy.

I was going to head back to the cabin and probably blow dry my hair because the water was dripping off the ends of it onto my back, when I saw Omega. He was pretty far away but I figured I could probably catch him. I started running across the camp, forgetting the fact that there were actual campers here. I'm pretty sure they all glared at me when I ran into them but I didn't stop, I just yelled "sorry!" over my shoulder in their general direction.

"Omega!" I yelled when I was close enough that he'd actually here me. He turned around and stopped to wait for me. I misjudged how far he was and didn't try to slow down soon enough. I tried to stop myself at the last second but I slipped on the mud and nearly face planted. I closed my eyes and stuck my hands out in front of me, waiting for the impact. It never came though, as Omega grabbed me and helped me back up. That meant that we were standing extremely close and staring into each others eyes.

"Um, thanks," I muttered. I brushed some hair out of my face and looked away.

"Don't mention it," he replied. He took his hands from my waist and slid them into his pockets. I tried to subtly take a step back so there was a bit of a space between us.

Neither of us said anything for a bit. I just looked around awkwardly, avoiding his face.

"So is there any reason you came running after me?" he asked eventually. I looked up surprised. I actually hadn't had any reason to go after him.