*Chapter 10*

Chapter 10

It was a long time before Percy came to our world. I thought he would have come sooner, but Chaos explained to me that time works differently in our world. 1 year on Earth is 1000 years where we live. That's why it felt like I'd been there for so long, even though I'd only been dead for a few years.

In that time, there were other people who joined the army. It was when Mustang, Forgotten, and Shadow joined that the army started to become a lot more of an army. We started training everyday, and since we had no current leader, I had be in charge. That was not fun for me.

It was actually during one of these training practices that I found out the news.

"Alpha, could I talk to you for a moment?" Chaos asked from the doorway. I nodded.

"Of course," I said, before turning back to the group for a second. "Keep practicing that guys. I'll be back soon."

I grabbed my water bottle from the bench and followed Chaos out of the training room. He led me into an empty room farther down the hall, out of earshot.

"What's up?" I asked. I leaned against the wall and started drinking some water.

"Percy's coming today." I choked on my water, and started coughing my lungs up, and hitting my chest.

"What?" I asked. My voice was strained, seeing as I hadn't completely recovered from my slight choking incident.

"I know it isn't ideal for you, but it was going to happen one day."

"I... What do I do? I mean, I'm the second-in-command of the army, so I have to talk to him, but he might recognize me, and oh god, what if I mention something from my human life? Everything's going to go wrong..."

"It's going to be fine Alpha."

"What if I call him Percy by mistake? Or mention Nico?"

"You've lived here for over a thousand years, and you haven't mentioned your human life to anyone. That won't change now, unless you want it to."

"When will he be here?" I asked, still not convinced.

"About 5 minutes."

"FIVE MINUTES?"

"Relax, Alpha. It'll be okay."

"PERCY'S GOING TO BE HERE IN FIVE MINUTES! THIS IS NOT OKAY!"

"Yes it will be. Just continue leading the training session. You might not even see him today. You never know."
I let out a long sigh.

"Alright. Fine. It's gonna be okay. I just need to continue on like it's a normal day," I said. I was talking more to myself than Chaos, honestly.

"Exactly. I'm going to go now, because he's going to show up in a minute or so. Go continue training with the others."

He started to walk away, but turned back around when I said his name again.

"Don't... don't tell him I'm already the second-in-command," I said.

"Why not? You rightfully earned that position."

"I just want to know if he really thinks I can be second-in-command. Not because you told him I could be, but because he actually wants me to be."

"Alright," he whispered, and walked out of the room. I stood in there for a couple more minutes, gathering my courage. And then I finally plastered a smile back on my face and went back to the training room.

"Sorry about that," I said, walking up to the front.

"What did he want to talk about?" Hunter asked.

"Someone's joining the army," I said. "He just wanted to give me a heads up. Now, get into pairs. We're going to duel."

I led them through different techniques for duelling, then went around to help them out. Chaos had been giving me extra lessons on the side, so that I was actually capable of sword-fighting. I could easily teach archery, considering I used to be a Huntress, but sword-fighting didn't come quite as easily.

I finally reached the end of the room, where Dawn was standing alone, off to the side.

"Do you not have a partner?" I asked her.

"I was duelling Forgotten, but she got a huge gash along the side of her arm, and went to the infirmary."

"She left because of a cut? That's not like her. She usually keeps fighting until she literally can't fight anymore.

"I could see the bone."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, I can duel you, if you want," I offered.

"Are you sure you're not too advanced for me?" she teased.

"Shut up. You know I suck at sword-fighting," I replied, raising my sword. She mimicked my position, and we started duelling. I would like to point out that Dawn was amazing at duelling, and much better than me. Although I knew the techniques, sword-fighting was like an art to her. It didn't matter how good your technique was, if someone knew their strengths and your weaknesses, they could finish you off in seconds. You needed to practice actually duelling to succeed at it, you couldn't just learn how to hold a sword and assume you could win.

"So who's this new person that's going to join our army?" Dawn asked. I looked around at everyone who was in the room. It would be hard for them to hear what I said over the sound of clashing swords, and people's conversations. And besides, they would find out about it anyway.

"He's our new leader," I told Dawn.

"Leader?" Dawn asked.

"Yeah. It sounds weird, but it's true."

"Do you think he's nice?"

I shrugged, "I don't know Dawn. I hope so."

"When are we meeting him?" Dawn asked.

"I think I'm meeting him soon," I said. "He'll probably meet the rest of the army tomorrow."

"It's going to be hard for him to meet all of us. I mean, we're actually starting to become a real army now. And if we have a real leader... Everything's going to be so different."

"It would be that different. It'll just mean I won't be the only leader, we'll train more and we'll really learn to fight. Isn't that what we're here for?"

***

Percy WILL be in the next chapter! Sorry for the long wait guys :)