*Chapter 24*

We somehow got hold of Chaos and told him what we needed to do. All he said to us was that he'd be at camp soon with a portal.

"Oh great, another portal," Forgotten muttered as we waited in the cabin.

"What did you see?" I asked her. "When we went through the portal to here?"

She hesitated before responding. I had a feeling that everyone saw something different in the portal. That it was connected to your worst memories and fears.

"My family," she said eventually. "I saw the day that it happened."

I didn't have ask what it was. She was clearly talking about whatever happened that caused her to join the army.

"That memory has always haunted me," she whispered. "I'm the only one who survived. I had five siblings you know. Two older and three younger. I'll never get the sound of their screaming out of my head."

"What happened to them?" I asked. I knew it was a personal question and I probably shouldn't have asked but my curiosity got the better of me.

"I'm not positive," she admitted. "I was in the attic when it happened. I just heard them screaming. I was too scared to go downstairs. When I finally did, they were all dead. Except my oldest brother— he was just... gone. Whatever did it took him, leaving only a trail of his blood in it's wake."

It was certainly the most gruesome of the stories I'd heard. I was almost scared to ask more questions, but I was also really intrigued.

"Nobody came looking for me," she continued. "Most people in the town didn't even know I existed. My mom liked to keep me hidden, as if that could change who my father was."

"What about your mom?" I asked. "Where was she during the murder?"

"Oh she was long gone," Forgotten said, somewhat bitterly. "Two of her kids were demigods— me and my youngest sibling, Kyle. After Thanatos, my dad, left for the second time, she couldn't handle it. That was when my other siblings' dad, my mom's husband, found out about her betrayal. He left her immediately. Next thing I knew, there was a police officer at my door saying that my mom was gone and we were left in the custody of my oldest brother."

"That's..."

"Messed up? I know."

Chaos appeared before I thought of a reply.

"Is it just the two of you going?" he asked, getting right to business.

"Yeah," I said absent-mindedly. I couldn't stop thinking of what Forgotten had said about her family's massacre. I couldn't think of anyone who could be ruthless enough to murder an entire family like that.

"Forgotten, you go first," Chaos said, once the portal was open. Forgotten took a deep breath and squared her shoulders before stepping in. I admired her courage— if I'd seen something like that in the portal, I would never go through one again.

"Good luck Alpha," Chaos said to me. I just nodded my head in thanks and stepped in to the portal that would take me back to the Underworld.We landed in my old bedroom in Hades Castle. When I say we landed, I mean we both crashed to the floor just like when we went through a portal from Chaos' World to Camp HalfBlood.

"Where are we?" Forgotten asked.

"We're in Hades Castle," I replied as I stood. I brushed the dirt off my clothes, before walking over to the bed and sitting down. It felt so surreal to be back there. "This room is a replica of my old bedroom."

"Your old bedroom?" Forgotten asked.

"When I was really young, I lived with my parents and little brother," I explained. I figured I might as well tell her the truth. "Some things went wrong when that house burned down. My father made this room down here to remind himself of me."