*Chapter 18*

The day started off normally. Dawn dragged me out of bed at freaking 8 in the morning, which I was totally not okay with, telling me that there some new recruits or whatever. I really did not care in the slightest at the time.

"There are new recruits all the time," I mumbled into my pillow.

"And you always greet them," Dawn said, trying to pull my comforter off me.

"Well this is a great time to stop," I said, yanking my blankets back over my head. Dawn sighed, probably thinking about all the ways she could possibly murder me.

"What am I going to do with you?" she groaned.

After a lot more arguing, I got out of bed. I sluggishly went to my closet and grabbed some clothes at random, hoping it made a decent looking outfit. For all I knew, I was holding two pairs of pants, one single sock and five bras— I really wouldn't be surprised seeing as I was half-asleep.

In other words, that morning was like every other one. You'd think after all the time we'd known each other, she'd give up on trying to wake me up at such un-primordialy hours, but no. She stuck to it, thinking she could 'change me' or something like that.

I knew that was never going to happen.

I sighed as I walked to Chaos' office. I wasn't prepared to greet new recruits. Chaos usually gave me a day's notice so I could prepare my, "Hi I'm Alpha and joining Chaos' army was the best decision of my life" speech. It would also give me the chance to catch up on sleep so I wasn't slurring my words and acting like a total zombie. Being all positive and stuff took so much effort. I don't know how Dawn managed it everyday.

I knocked on the door and waited for him to say "Come in" before entering. Believe it or not, I did have some manners.

I was surprised by what I saw when I walked in. Normally we had one or maybe two recruits at a time. In the room there were 4 people— 3 boys and a girl.

"Alpha, thank you for joining us," Chaos said. I moved my attention from the recruits to Chaos. "I know it's a bit early, but I thought it would be best if we could get them introduced as early as possible."

"Of course," I said, with a nod. That probably should have been my first clue that something was going on. There was no reason why he would make me get out of bed early and give them a terrible tour unless he needed me later.

"This is Alpha," he said, turning back to the teenagers. "She's the second-in-command of this army."

They all turned to me and I just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Um... hi," I said to break the silence. I basically sounded like Omega the first time he talked to the army. "What are your names?"

They all looked at each other but didn't say anything.

"Have you picked names?" I asked slowly.

"I'm Tisan," one of the guys.

"Arid," another one said. He pointed to the guy sitting next to him (and I mean right next to him, like pressed-up-against-his-side-next to him). "This is Cam."

"Hi," Cam said shyly.

"Nice to meet you," I said. I turned to the girl, "What's your name?"

"Lotus," she whispered. I stared at her, not saying anything for a few seconds. I couldn't say anything even if I wanted to. Lotus. The Lotus Hotel and Casino that I had spent decades in with Nico. That Percy had been in before too. It was going to hurt hearing her name again.

"Why don't I show you around?" I asked managed to ask quietly. The four of them stood up. I couldn't help but notice the the blush that creeped onto Cam's face when his and Arid's hands touched briefly and the adorable look Arid sent his way. They were so cute, I couldn't handle it.