You Don't Know

Kera Wendell

As I woke up I'd realized I slept on the couch. My laptop was on my leg, and the pizza box I ordered last night resided on the coffee table. My phone started ringing under me just as I grabbed it. I checked the time being that it was twelve in the evening. I placed my phone by the lamp, picking up the trash and the pizza box.

In the midst of cleaning up, taking a nice hot shower I slide my Nike slides on to make some breakfast. I grabbed my hot bowl of oatmeal after the doorbell rung. I placed my bowl and glass of orange juice down going to answer the door.

"Hey." Brittany said showing her smile.

"Hey Britt, whatchu doing here?" I let her inside as we walked into the kitchen.

"Had to stop by, you act like its foreign."

"Why you smiling?"

"I'm not."

"Britt, I can see you, you trying to hide it."

"Chris surprised me yesterday, he came over and we caught up being that he was busy, I cooked dinner and he beat it up."

"Well damn." We giggled.

"Trey ain't call you back?"

"No, he said he has a lot to do and I'll wait."

"Ej said he coming over but you know him."

She walked to the bathroom just as my phone began to vibrate. I looked at the caller id seeing that it was who I was waiting for.

"Hey baby." His voice rang through.

"Hey Trey, how are you?"

"Fine, missing you a little bit."

"Aw your so sweet."

"Whatchu doing later on?"

"Nothing I don't go to work until tomorrow."

"Great maybe I can pick up and we can do something."

"Definitely."

After we'd just said our goodbyes Brittany came back from the bathroom. I placed my dishes into the dishwasher showing her some of clothes on my website.

"I thinking about doing a collaboration with Puma."

"That'll be dope, like a gym fit idea or..."

"Maybe something like that."

"Who was that on the phone?" She asked giving me a side eye.

"Trey, he's taking me out later."

"Get it boo."

"Get out you crazy nut."

A hour later:

I grabbed my Nike sneakers on, deciding to head to the gym before the date tonight. I was definitely happy to be back in man's company being that my last was a complete horror movie.