You Should Tell Him

A week later

Kera Wendell

Every day for the past week it felt as if someone ripped my heart out physical and mentally. I had called in work lying  that my grandmother was sick, being that was so frightened, I'd lock my house doors and stayed in my room. Everything felt like déjù vu from the first time he's done this too me and I honestly couldn't removed his demons and my pain.

Trey did text me a few days ago but I had to keep the lie going telling him that I was visiting my family in New York. I didn't want him to find out adding extra pressure and stress on him. Honestly I was thinking about breaking up with him. Trey's a great guy and deserves a great woman.

I just sent a text to Ej and Brittany telling them I was back, in reality I needed a little time alone time. Within a matter of fifteen minutes Brittany pop up knocking on my door. My heart raced until I seen her in my peep hole and I unlocked the door.

"How was New York?" Brittany asked

"What— Oh, it was okay."

"What's that on your cheek boo?"

"Nothing, I-I dropped the flat iron on me."

"Mhm, Kera who did this?..... Did he come back?" Brittany pulled my chin closer as my tears threatened to spill.

"No." I instinctively started shedding tears. Tears of hurt and pain from his demons.

"Kera you can't do this again. Stop hiding from the people who wanna protect you."

"De'rell came by last week and tried to rape me."

"What! How? Does Trey know?"

"No, no and I don't want him to know."

"Kera, you sound crazy. Whatchu mean you don't want him to know. Don't start yall relationship with lies."

"Look, just don't tell him. I'll figure this out."

"Kera, he's just gonna come back."

"Just let me handle this."

"De'rell is nuts, and he's found you and is not gonna let you go. You can't keep running and hiding. Aren't you tired?"

"Yes. I—"

She grabbed me in a big bear hug.

"Look. Let's go report this to the police now!"

"Okay thank you Britt."

"I'm always here for you."

***

After I filed the report they told me that's it's getting informed in process. And you know how polices and the systems work so I honestly shouldn't count on them.

"Call, me. No I'll call you everyday to check up on you." Brittany aye just as we made it home after grabbing a bite to eat.

"Okay."

Latterly I placed my container of leftovers in the refrigerator. I didn't know if I should go a hotel or actually go to New York. I didn't know what to do, all my stuff is here but what if he comes back. What will I do.

Just as I started to fix a cup of tea the doorbell rung once. My breathing started to increase and I just wanted to run away–away from life. I placed my tea on the counter grabbed a knife peaking through the peephole. It was Trey.

"Who is it?"

"Trey."

"Damn." I mumbled realizing I'd just asked that. I didn't want him to see me like this or know that there was something wrong.