2:The Cloud Reccesses

When we reach the gates of Cloud Reccesses, I stood in daze. The book and movie both portrait Cloud Reccesses beautifully. I never know that seeing it live, as in real, feels heaven. Cloud Reccesses looks very ethereal.

" Invitation." A Lan Sect disciple said.

Jin GuangYao, known as Meng Yao currently, hand them the invitation for the Nie clan and they let them enter. I was also about to follow them but the Disciple stoped me.

" Sorry for my judgement but you don't look like a Nie disciple. May I have your invitation?" He asked politely.

" Uhmm... You see, I'm really not a disciple of any sect currently, but before my father died, he told me to come to Cloud Reccesses and look for my two Uncle. He told me that since my elder Uncle is in seclusion, I would probably meet my Younger Uncle. My father told me that his name is Lan Qiren. By the way I'm Lan Fei courtesy Lan Hua Yan. I am the only daughter of Lan Jing." I told smoothly.

" You are Elder Lan Jing's daughter? May I see any proof." He asked to be sure.

I showed him my sword and my mother's forehead ribbon.

" The sword is from my father who died while saving me yesterday and the forehead ribbon, according to my father, is from my mother, whom I never met since she died 4 months before meeting me." I said sadly so that my emotion will be believable.

" What's wrong in there? Why are you not letting her enter?" Said a very calm yet manly voice.

" Young Master Lan, this Young Lady claimed to be your 6 years lost cousin Lan Hua Yan." The Disciple responded.

Wait the disciple called the man Young Master Lan. He is Lan Xichen.

I looked at him to see a gorgeous man. If you say Liu Haikuan is handsome. What can you call him in this form.

Lan Xichen looked a little bit like Liu Haikuan but with more ethereal beauty, with jade white like skin and a gentle appearance.

" Young Lady are you sure that you are my Uncle Jing's daughter?" Lan Xichen asked

" I am Lan Jing's daughter, Young Master Lan." I answered and gave him the perfect bow my grandfather taught me.

" Even her bow is of the Lan Clan. Let her enter and Young Lady Lan come with me to Yanshi. Shufu is there waiting." He told me with a gentle smile.

I responded with a big smile. ( Guys remember they are cousin here)

I went and followed my so called elder cousin to where our uncle is.

We went inside the room and we greet him.

" I will not anymore doubt that she is your cousin Xichen can't you see she really looked like her mother Madam Cao, Cao XiYan. Her eyes are also similar to Jing-ge. How are you Hua Yan?" He asked me.

" I'm well, Grandmaster, just mourning for my father's death. We just met for like two weeks then he left me behind." I said with tears forming in my eyes.

Being part of the drama club is really not bad. It really can help you when situation calls.

" First call me shufu and don't be too sad. At least you were able to meet them before they died. Atleast he died knowing you are alive and well and he can deliver that good news to your mother." He comforted me.

Well Lan Qiren's attitude ain't that bad afterall. Maybe he was just blinded by prejudice towards Wei Ying that is why he acted like that.

" You can also call me da-ge, Lan Hua Yan." Lan Xichen added.

" Well if that's the case you may both call me Yan Yan." I said smiling at them.

Yan Yan is my Chinese nickname bestowed by my grandparents for me.

" Very well Yan Yan. So from now on you will be staying in your father's quarters. It is just a bit closer to the main hall and Hanshi. Your da-ge can show you the way." Lan Qiren said.

" Yes shufu." I responded and bowed down.

I faced Lan Xichen and we went out of Yashi and went to my quarters.

We went to a place full of all kinds of flowers surrounding a quarter. Actually, ancient Chinese rooms looks like one house because of its size and location, but the furnitures and house sections is lacking for it to be considered a house. So I prefer to call it quarters.

" This would be your place. It is called Ting Yuan since it is surrounded by flowers. Your Grandmother is very addicted to flowers. So every flower that can grow here can be found in your surroundings." He explained.

Ting Yuan, Flower Garden. This place really looks like a garden.

" My younger brother, you're Er-ge is still not here. He is still in seclusion. He would come out tomorrow, so probably you would meet him during the greetings ceremony the day after tomorrow." He explained.

So I'm one day earlier than Wei Wu Xian's arrival.

"For today you may relax first then tomorrow I would accompany you to Caiyi town." Lan Xichen said.

" Yes da-ge. Is Caiyi town really good? I heard many things about that as I was roaming around. I never been once in Gusu but I heard many things about here and also about the Lan Clan. I never know I am part of the clan. I even don't know if I have a golden core. I just know how to fight because of the harshness of the situation. I commonly used anything to spar with others even animals." I said dramatically.

" Well you can meditate now and I can help you learn how to spar with a real sword. You have Uncle Jing sword right? Do you know it's name?" I shook my head to signify that I don't know.

He took my sword and check the sheath and let me see 2 characters that reads: Yonggan, bravery.

" Yonggan?" I asked.

" Your grandmother who was the little sister of my grandfather was a brave warrior. I guess she inherited all the bravery of our great grandmother, the first and only woman sect leader, Lan Yi. That sword you are holding originally belongs to our great grandmother pass to your grandmother, then your father, then to you. It is a known artifact here in Cloud Reccesses. If I became a sect leader I would declare that a sword for the female members of the main family of the Lan Clan. Because except your father, all owners of that sword are females." He explained.

" Cool!" I said in English.

" What did you say?" He asked curiously.

" Nothing." I responded.

" May I check your qi first to know if you have a golden core or if you still need to develop it." He said and check my qi.

After checking he looked at me bewildered.

Why what's wrong?

Can I not make a golden core like Jiang Yanli?

"Your golden core..... Your spiritual energy in your dantian is...."

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††