Chapter 6

The time for BTS to release their next album was nearing. The whole team had been in a frenzy over the last few months, preparing the boy's schedule before which everyone knew would get rather busy. But who was complaining? That busy schedule filled their wallets so who really cared?

But even when the whole department was busy with work, something was rather off about the boys. Something that I had never seen in them since I arrived. It had only started in the last few months.

The boys fought a lot.

They argue over the littlest of things, getting worked up for the simplest of reasons. Sometimes their anger would skyrocket, and they would get into heated arguments that involved shouting at each other. I for one knew this was not just because the boys suddenly decided to become short tempered. It was because of stress.

The last few months had been quite pressuring on them due to their comeback in the middle of the pandemic.

But the real question is, are they always like this before every comeback? So stressed that it makes them go cray cray?

I didn't know, and I didn't want to know. I was already supposed to bear witness to their fights and per Sejin's instructions, I wasn't supposed to get involved in anyway.

So I didn't. Wasn't planning on anyway.

With work piling up but no one to monitor it, it was almost like a lost cause situation, because none of us knew what to do.

Not a problem for me though, as far as I learnt about my job, Sejin was in charge of most of the work related stuff of BTS. The only reason my grandma was hired was because she was a great cook, and was literally like a young housekeeper for the boys who did the groceries and everything when they were extremely busy.

And plus point? My great grand parents are friends with Hoseok's parents. Hence the explanation as to why the boys adore me/ grandmother so much.

Since getting any work done today was out of the question, I excused myself with the reason to help in the apartment and freed myself from that suffocating building.

Once outside, it was rather refreshing to breath in the cool air around me.

60 years from now, or even 40 to 30 years, the air will start getting a certain smell, as if telling you it is present around you. Often it smelled of petrol, or certain chemicals I didn't know, but mainly petrol. The every blue sky would be more grey in the morning and red in the night, like hell was looming over us.

It probably was.

The summers are extremely hot, so much that people dying of heat waves wasn't a surprising cause of death at all, especially the huge number of victims. It hardly snows, but rains like it's the last rain on Earth, causing floods way too often.

Like I said earlier, natural disasters are rather common in 2080.

So the one good thing about being pulled back in time was that I got to breath fresh air, actual fresh air. And even if people tell me the air had been more fresh decades ago, I don't really care. This is more than enough.

As I took in a deep breath and let it out, I begin walking down the pavement, not really having a destination in mind but the only reason being to get away from HYBE.

It felt good to take a walk like this after so long, by myself, on my own, with no one to tell me I had work. Sure I did leave a ton of it behind, but for this little moment, I would like to forget about it.

But the more I tried to forget about the building I was leaving behind and the seven boys with it, somehow, my mind kept pulling me back to it.

I came here, no- I was sent here, surely fir a very good reason. And that good reason isn't likely to breath fresh air and see blue skies and green grass. No. It's much more than that. And if it is, I have this very strong feeling it has to do with the seven mysteries boys I left behind.