Chapter 18

"What is it this time grandma?" I asked with a tight lipped smile, so as to not seem rude and uninterested when she looked so giddy with excitement like she was a teen all over again. "Come come! Sit beside granny! There's something I need to show you."

"About BTS?"

"Yes! You read my mind darling!"

I bit my lower lip so at to stop any unnecessary words from escaping my mouth, words I shall regret later. However the annoyance couldn't be hidden from my face, and when grandma noticed it, she sighed.

"Come now young girl, how long are you going to believe that absurd lie?" Grandma's choice of words had me raising an eyebrow. "You mean the hard truth the whole world believes in?"

All the excitement that had been there just a minute ago vanished into thin air as Grandma's face turned void , making me regret bringing this up again.

"Just because the whole world believes it, doesn't make it the truth."

"Right!" I reply with a forced smile before sitting beside her, trying to elevate the mood I so nicely ruined. "What is it that you wanted to show me?"

As if all the dark rainy clouds had disappeared and left a rainbow in their stead, grandma's face lit up just like before and she turned around to grab something she had hidden behind her. "Ta da!"

With the smile still on my face which was more genuine than I had expected, I stared at what seemed like an illustration book. "What is this grandma?"

"This," She begin, running her fingers over the surface of the cover as if recalling a fond memory. "Is a comic book."

"A comic book?"

"They no longer exist as people don't really like reading story books from paper let alone a comic book these days. It's more like an illustrated version of a story."

A comic book. Sounds....fun.

I let grandma's words sink in, wondering just how fun the early 2000s must have been. With actual gatherings without the fear of catching a virus, listening to actual music instead of drunk men getting somber in front of the mic, or reading stories out of actual story books, with hard covers and papers that smelled of childhood instead of reading nasty short stories on apps.

That...would have been fun.

My thoughts came to an abrupt halt as I realized why I was here in the first place. The dreamy smile left my face and I turned to Grandma who was still staring at the comic with a soft smile.

"But what does this have to do with... BTS?"

My voice must have pulled her out of a trance of its own as she slightly flinched backwards, only now realizing I was still in the room. "Oh. This was made by BTS."

Heh? BTS made...comic books? They were writers? I thought they were musicians!

"But -"

"It was a simple project." Grandma finished, as if knowing I was have a dilemma believing her words. "Aside from being musicians, they often participated in other stuff, one of which was partnering with LINE studios to make this master piece."

A masterpiece. There she goes again.

I stared at the cover of the comic book, with the title written in bold letters in the middle.

SAVE ME.

-------

That...felt like millenniums ago.