Chapter 16

Eight days.

It's been eight days.

I have been stuck on the same day, same routine, same time for eight whole days.

And nothing has changed, even a bit.

It was ninth day, and curtains were pulled back widely, bathing the whole room in the morning sunlight. But none of it felt warm.

It felt creepy. It felt sick.

I sat on the floor while leaning against my bed with my hands hanging limply over my knees, an empty look in my eyes. A look of both desperation and hopelessness.

There's just no end to this, is there?

I have been loving the same day for over a week now, and no matter what I do, it never changes. Sometimes I don't go by the plan, sometimes I alter the plan, but still, nothing changes. I'm still back to square one. Back to 5th October.

Am I...gonna be here... forever?

The mere thought of being stuck in a loop had bile riding in my throat, my eyes starting to sting with tears as I wondered what sin I had done in my life to deserve this.

Okay fate. I get it. I get it now. I was wrong.

I was wrong to think BTS were criminals. I was wrong to not trust my grandmother. I was wrong to believe the lies fed to the world. I should have believed grandma when she trued to tell the truth.

I should have believed.

But I didn't.

And I'm sorry. I know I'm wrong. I know now. I know they are innocent. And it was never their fault. I believe her now. I believe grandma.

So please...please I beg you! I beg you to end this! End this misery that you put me through!

My face slowly twisted to a grimace as the first drops of tears begin to falls, and the first sob broke out from my raspy throat. Looking away from the brightly lit room, I buried my face in between my knees and cried my heart out. Cried to any divinity that will listen to me.

I...I can't take this anymore. I can't see this. I can't see them dying every single day! Please don't let this be my life forever!

I'm sorry for everything! So please just get me out of here! I can't live like this anymore! I can't live while knowing that every single day will be their death day! And I have to see it every time!

"P-please..." I sob in whispers, my hands clenching the shirt over my chest as I felt my heart ache in response.

Please don't let them die every single time.

Please.

The sudden ringing in my phone has me swallowing the sob that was about to be released, but I don't flinch, for I already knew this would happen. The call from Sejin. It was about time.

With the remaining energy left in me, I pick up the call and press the phone against my ears but say nothing, and instantly Sejin's voice greets me, the same words I have been hearing for the last eight days like as if he was reading a script very well rehearsed.

"Why haven't you been picking up my calls!?"

Silence.

"Did you even check the news!?"

I stared at a distance with my lips parted to breath, but still no words came. I couldn't trust myself to speak. No. I was too done to speak. What else could I say? I know everything that will happen. I know this day like I know the back of my hand.

"They framed them again! BTS! They are all over the news! And nothing can be done to stop them! They are framing them again!"

I release a long exasperated sigh which sort of burnt my lungs, but I couldn't care any less. Rubbing my eyes with my hands, I got to my feet before turning to stare at the window, sunlight glistening in.

And only then did the first words leave my lips.

"I'll be there."

---------

Day 29.

I'm still stuck here. On the same day, same time, same events. Nothing has changed. Not even a bit.

I have watched BTS die 29 times now.

How many more until I'm done?

"How many more..." I whisper under my breath, standing in the middle of my room after waking up to yet another morning with Sejin's phone call with the same news.

How many more...

Will this even ever end?

With a blank face, my eyes dart towards the window with the curtains pulled over, and slowly make my way towards it. Once in front, I pull the curtains apart, letting the sunlight streak in like every single time for the last 29 days.

Slowly but surely, my eyes glance down at the busy road, at the people passing by, and the moving cars, all just minding their own businesses.

They seem so...real. Like the same day hasn't been repeating for almost a month now.

Do they not know?

Probably not.

I sighed at my own thought, closing my eyes as if in relief, but I was far from it.

"What..." I whisper with my eyes still closed, gripping the window tight. "What blissful ignorance."

I would like to be like that too. Not knowing that I'm living the same day on repeat.

I can do that right? I can...if I'm not alive anymore...

Before I know it, my eyes are scanning the ground again, my hands are sliding the window open and letting the cool morning breeze in.

Four floors up. That's... quite the distance.

I won't survive it right?

I will die.

Then I'll be in a blissful ignorance as well.

It won't hurt like before. It will be always...new.

I leaned my body towards the window slowly, sucking in the cool October breeze while closing my eyes. With my eyes closed, none of it even felt wrong. Like I wasn't trying to end my own life. It all felt... peaceful.

Yes. I would finally be at peace.

No.

You won't.

As if that was what I needed to hear, my body was violently pulled away from the window before I ended splat on the floor butt first, trying to regain my breath and wonder what on earth just happened.

With heavy, raspy breaths coming out of my mouth, and stared around the room in panic with my eyes wide as soccer balls, but the room was silent and empty.

There was no one there.

Then who pulled me down?

"What...the hell..." I gasped for breath, pushing my hairs away from my face as I got to my feet and looked out the window again, only this time, death didn't seem to be on my mind. It wasn't an option anymore.

Whoever is doing this. Whoever put me here, doesn't want me to die.

I walked towards the window again, stared down and then back at my room, trying to recall what just took place in the last few seconds.

I didn't come here for no reason. I was sent here. And most of all, I'm not alone. They are watching me. They have been watching me this whole time.

As the gears in my head turned and the puzzle pieces slowly begin to take their places, I walked away from the window and sat on my bed, slowly getting the hang of the situation I was in, but yet one question remained unanswered.

"What...do you want me to do?"

_______________